Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 band connector broke

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm reporting this to the community again,  seeing that there was another thread opened in January and closed in July. My plastic band connector broke the other day, approximately 1.5 months after my warranty expired. My wife had the same problem with her device right before the warranty was up, so hers was replaced, but I'm out of luck. They've offered to use this as a "learning experience" with a discount, but that doesn't solve my problem. As a long-time Fitbit user, I'm disgusted by the customer experience that l have received and the planned obsolescence of their devices. This is not good and they don't seem to have learned from the design flaw...

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/word choice

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Headspun. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. At this time, I'd like to let you know that if you require further assistance, I recommend contacting our Support Team. You can get in touch with them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Wano81. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

At this time, I was able to see that you're working this situation with our Support Team and if you still have additional comments, I'd recommend replying to your original case with those comments and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

On a side note, replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar situation here. The connector has gone from my Charge 4 (recently out of warranty). The connector is simply a horrible design compared with previous Fitbits. I'm in my 60's, so it's not like the unit received rough treatment or anything. I strongly believe that Fitbit should have issued a recall on this watch. Maybe we should all resort to Social Media?

Best Answer

Hello @Headspun. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. At this time, I'd like to let you know that if you require further assistance, I recommend contacting our Support Team. You can get in touch with them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted a lengthy reply about a similar problem elsewhere, but they (of course) closed the thread, so I wanted to reply to let the moderators know that I still never heard back from customer service (whatever that means in the Fitbit world), even after the representative I spoke with via chat assured me my case was escalated and I would hear from someone higher up within 48 hours. That was 10 days ago (and after several hours on chats and phone calls). Like you, I am also disgusted by their customer service, especially after years of owning several Fitbits. For now, I purchased a cheap band that has a holder off of Amazon--link pasted below--and will use it until my Fitbit device dies. I will then be switching to Garmin, as will the rest of my family when their current Fitbits stop working.

(https://www.amazon.com/GOSETH-Compatible-Breathable-Shatter-Resistant-Protective/dp/B07HN4M9LJ/ref=a...

Best Answer

Nope, I never complained about their customer service, in fact I clicked on the link provided in their response to my post, filled in the necessary details and I received a new replacement unit within a week.

My issue is with the design of the Fitbit 4 itself, the receiver in the device connecting to the strap is too weak. Constant wearing, along with daily exercise routines degrades the connection until the watch falls off. I note that the design has not been rectified on the replacement unit, so I don't have great expectations.

Shame...

Best Answer

My reply was to Wano81, the original poster of the thread. Sorry for any confusion--glad they helped you!

Best Answer

There are so many issues with the plastic connector.  I was 1 month out of warranty when the clips broke on mine.  I cannot believe that they offer a discount on a unit that will have the same problem.  Until the design is changed, the Charge 4 connectors will continue to break.  It is sad that the company does not stand behind their product.  

Best Answer

The clips need to be changed!  The company needs to quit ignoring this issue.

Best Answer

Cheers, I'm easily confused

Best Answer

I'll bet they changed it for the Charge 5 though ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very sad that they don't just admit they're terrible design and reimburse customers

Best Answer

Mine broke within warranty (the entire connector fell off) but now it's not holding together.  It pops off randomly and I don't want to lose it.  I'm looking for a better model.  This is a clear design flaw.

Best Answer

Thank you for posting this.  Mine broke off completely, it just fell apart under warranty and they replaced it.  This one is still together but it's coming unclasped randomly.  I'm about the same age and it's not subjected to extreme conditions.

I always liked fitbit but I think I'll buying a different brand.

Best Answer

my charge 4 connector broke after just over 2 months of wear . It’s clear these are faulty and should be replaced without argument. I have been discussing this with Fitbit since 6th February without success. Surely they in breach of sale of goods act selling and not replacing faulty goods. Poor shoddy service I will not buy fit bit again and will get a cheap tracker from Amazon 

Best Answer