Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden my Charge 4 (purchased in Aug 2020) is not holding charge for more than a few hours, I've reset and restarted, turned off GPS and heart rate but that doesn't help, i've been offered a 35% discount off a new Fitbit but have seen others having similar problems with their Charge 5s or Luxe trackers, are these now just disposable tech ? I have a Garmin I bought 2nd hand that's many years older and still going strong.
I can even use my Fitbit as a simple watch, not that you can read the screen in daylight anyway.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Marre, I wasn't questioning why you offered a discount and didn't expect a replacement but I question paying £129 for a device that doesn't last even 3 years, I question wether my money was wasted and the waste of resources that went into making the Charge 4,

I expected it to last for much longer, I question the value of something so disposable, and question the point of spending any more money on another disposable Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi there, @soulstar. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Since your device was out of the warranty period, and therefore was not eligible for repair or replacement, we wanted to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty or please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Marre, I wasn't questioning why you offered a discount and didn't expect a replacement but I question paying £129 for a device that doesn't last even 3 years, I question wether my money was wasted and the waste of resources that went into making the Charge 4,

I expected it to last for much longer, I question the value of something so disposable, and question the point of spending any more money on another disposable Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Marre,

I have exactly the same problem. The battery of my Fitbit is draining in a couple of hours all of a sudden. I bought my Fitbit at bol.com (The Netherlands) in November 2021. What can I do about it?

Regards,

Marco de Vries

Best Answer

Weird, because this just happened to me as well and I can't find replacement batteries from reputable sellers online. So, I'm not sure what to do because my charge is weakening dramatically in the past few days.

Best Answer

Mine was the same, it'd been working fine then all one day last week it just started draining rapid, there was no gradual loss of performance, just all at once.

Best Answer

Mine just started doing the same thing. I haven’t even had it for two years. 

Best Answer

HI, This issue is also affecting my Charge 4, which is under two years old. The fact the Fitbit are not interested in supporting customers/users of their products is telling! For a product to cost over £100 and Fitbit's strategy is to roll users over on to a new device at a higher price is not a sustainable model. This planned obsolecence is terrible and the fact that Fitbit/Google are happy to waste resources and not build a sustainable support market for their users say alot! I am one customer who is not going to continure using the product, and I will not replace the product knowing that in two years time I will have to replace the product. Crazy and disappointing busines model guys!! 

Best Answer

I agree, I miss it but I will not buy another throw away fitbit device even if discounted, it just goes against my values on many levels.

Best Answer

This exact same issue just started happening with my Charge 4 yesterday! I've only had my Charge 4 since May of 2021. 
I had a 99% charge and 3.5 hours later I was down to 36%.
I plugged it back in to charge again and got 100% charge and within 4 hours the Charge 4 was dead. 

Best Answer

It just shows that Fitbit is in it for the money and they don’t care about customer support. When I tried to do customer support with them, they acted like they had no idea there was a battery issue and that the problem was all on my end. And I love how they try to blame it on using different features that you’re supposed to use. Hello if I didn’t want those features to use, I would’ve just bought a simple watch. Would prefer to have Fitbit but not gonna drop more than $100 every year and a half for a new one so I’m looking at Apple watches today.

Best Answer