Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 charging issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Fitbit Charge 4 a couple of weeks ago. I have had problems from the get go with the charging dock. I have to fiddle with it constantly to keep it charging.  I love my Charge 4, but trying to charge it is challenging to say the least. It will show that it's charging, then stop charging until I mess with it, repeatedly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Since the screen blacks out, I never know when it quits charging and once I find a position it charges in I hate to touch it, but sometimes it stops charging even then!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have done ALL the things and what Fimclipper1960 stated above, is exactly what I have experienced since the purchase of mine in Oct. 2021. I am hopeful that when I reach out to Fitbit that the company will rectify the problem as I don't feel that it is the consumer's responsibility to purchase another charger. Between my husband and myself, we have purchased at least 6 Fitbit watches over the years and this Fitbit Charge 4 has by far been the most disappointing. 😞 

Everytime I have to charge my watch and spend several minutes getting it to connect, I vow to reachout to Fitbit and never seem to get around to it until today when after charging it for several hours last night (checking ever so often to make sure it was connected) it goes totally blank on me with only 3% battery life. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

When you charge your fitbit charge 4, make sure the gold pins are aligned. If they are and it still doesn't work, maybe try getting a replacement charger from amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Charge-Charging-Official-Product/dp/B0851F6XLW/ref=sr_1_3dchild=1&keyw...

If you don't want to spend the extra money, try contacting fitbit support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Femclipper1960 @oL234, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

@oL234 Thank you for your helpful tips. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users. 

@Femclipper1960 Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I appreciate your efforts and recommend confirming the steps to charge your device and follow our troubleshooting tips at Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done ALL the things and what Fimclipper1960 stated above, is exactly what I have experienced since the purchase of mine in Oct. 2021. I am hopeful that when I reach out to Fitbit that the company will rectify the problem as I don't feel that it is the consumer's responsibility to purchase another charger. Between my husband and myself, we have purchased at least 6 Fitbit watches over the years and this Fitbit Charge 4 has by far been the most disappointing. 😞 

Everytime I have to charge my watch and spend several minutes getting it to connect, I vow to reachout to Fitbit and never seem to get around to it until today when after charging it for several hours last night (checking ever so often to make sure it was connected) it goes totally blank on me with only 3% battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes