Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not counting calories from exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Charge 4 as an early Christmas gift from my husband and I'm super glad about that, but... after I have been using it for 3 days now, this is how my experience has been.

Day 1. All is good and it autotracked my walk during the day, not including the map but I read somewhere that the map is only added if you manually start the exercise from the device. (Correct?). How ever I could not open settings on my device and not use Spotify. Update was made the second day.

Day 2. Updated my Charge 4 and I could now control Spotify and open settings from the device. I went for a walk and it didn't register the calorie burn at all.. 78 minute walk and 82 calories apparently. This was on auto tracking.

Day 3. Manually started a walk session on my device to get the map by using the GPS from my device. It registered the route as it should, and the length and steps were correct, also my calorie burn seems to be correct. 80 minute walk with my 11 week old baby in a carrier so a pretty slow walk, but the extra weight gives an extra pump. However, the calories from the exercise is not included in my daily calorie burnt. And by looking at the "Energy" tab from the walk it only show calories burnt from the last 20 minutes of the walk, before that it's a flat line.. 

If I reboot my device it gives me the correct calorie burnt numbers (including the calories I burnt during my walk), but that only lasts for a few minutes, before it removes those calories and I have, according to my Fitbit, burnt less calories today.

This is very frustrating since I base my daily calorie intake, on my daily calories burnt, for my weight loss program... If my Fitbit doesn't include the calories from my exercises, in the summary on my "today page" in the app, I don't see a reason to have a Fitbit since this is what it's suppose to do. It's not just a pedometer, it's a hight-tech watch that is (SHOULD) count my calories burnt throughout the day! 

Anyone with the same issue or similar? 

Energy displaying weirdEnergy displaying weirdAfter reboot calorie count went down to before reboot valueAfter reboot calorie count went down to before reboot valueAfter rebootAfter rebootAfter rebootAfter rebootBefore rebootBefore reboot

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MrsGullman.

I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. Thank you for providing screenshots and the additional details. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Have a great day!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice to share the solution on here, to save everyone with this problem contacting the support team.

Best Answer
0 Votes