Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge will not hold a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recieved my Charge for Christmas, but that one would not charge at all so I sent it back a got a replacement. The replacement has worked great until this past weekend. The charge usually lasted 4-5 days on a full battery, and this past weekend it completely died. Since then, whenever I charge it, on a full battery it only lasts a day and a half. If I charge it Wednesday night, it will be dead by 11 a.m. on Friday.  I understand some people have a battery that doesn't even last that long not even a day, and I would like to try and solve this problem before it gets worse. 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

My partner is now on her third FitBit Charge (sic) since Christmas. None of them has continued to hold a charge. The suggested remedies do not work because they do address the inherent fault, which is obviously lies with either the battery itself or the charging mechanism inside the Charge unit.

As this is obviously a "known problem" - see dozens of complaints in this community and myriad postings elsewhere on sopcial media and other technical forums - why not simply withdraw the product and offer the disappointed users an alternative model. One with a battery that will continue to hold a charge.

Best Answer

are you happy with your Samsung?  I'm ready to move on as Fit Bit products are clearly of very poor quality.  I've had so much trouble with mine and now it's replacement. Everybody I know has had trouble of one kind or another.  

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. It hardly holds the charge for a day. How do we call fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My second Fitbit is starting to act up now. Lucky if I get 2 days. Will be calling Fitbit again.

Rita Pignato
1-917-744-4411 (m)
1-718-596-9367

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Never saw the press the side button for 10 seconds before, tried that and it's now charging! Wouldn't do anything! This started this morning after syncing, then it went blank and wouldn't do anything, showed plugged in but a red X on the battery on my IPAD app!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so reassuring--I had one that was great then I had to charge every day, then Fitbit sent me another one, great for a month and now it's back to needing a charge every night. I am starting to think theres something wrong with me! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
This should not be listed as "problem solved". It does not fix the a Fitbit tracker that can no longer hold a charge. It is a troubleshooting list.
Best Answer
0 Votes

mine will not hold a chrge more than a day also.   How to fix it, or how do you know if you need a new battery?

Best Answer

Went completely dead suddenly. I recharge several times after and charge only last 3/4 day to 1 day at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used the Charge for over a year with great results. I am a gardener and am on my feet all day and like to track my steps, calories, etc. I especially like the lightweight, slim design. Bulky watches do not do well for my application. Anyways, my original Charge started falling apart, the band was peeling and the clasp would not stay together. I contacted Fitbit and they sent me out a new one and told me I could keep the old one. Hearing this, I cleverly fixed my old one with super glue and some ingenuity, with the thought of using it as long as I could, at which time I would break out the new one and continue my Fitbit use with it. Well, this past week the old one was completely beyond help and I broke out the new one. After my initial full battery charge, it proceeded to give me about a days worth of life before the battery was totally dead. I decided to unpair and reboot the whole thing, which I did, and recharged. I made sure all "extras" were off (I never use them anyways) and tried it again. I put the device on my arm at midnight with a full charge, went to bed, woke up the next morning and by 2pm that day it was dead again. I would love to continue to use this product, but do not want to spend any more money on a device which should last longer than this did. Can you send me yet another replacement? (and I ask with hopes that this was just a lemon). I do not want to go to your competitors products but I will if need be. Thank you.

Best Answer
Exactly the same problem, my strap broke and they said it was out of warranty!  Won't do business them again!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
HR Charge sucks spent money on Three, gave up now I'm taking my chances with a Blaze, only 2 weeks, so far it's working but have to recharge every 2 days, shake my head but I'm addicted to these Devises, will continue using til better comes.

LL Coke
Best Answer
0 Votes

They gave me the run around, and will not stand behind their products, so.....bye bye fitbit, I will be spending hundreds of dollars with another outfit!

Best Answer

Let me know if you find a better product!

Best Answer
0 Votes
GARMIN Vivofit!  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try Garmin VivoFit 2. I have had one since Fitbit stopped taking care of their customers and have had no issues. It is over a year old and still has the original batteries! Great device, no issues in over a year! Still looks and works like new. Take that Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kwinkle,  Your experience is typical. Try Garmin Vivofit.. Much better device, cheaper and no issues in over a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there replacement battery options. Have use continuously for 18 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes