Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about the replacement options offered for Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I posted on here a few weeks ago, regarding my charge 3 that simply died and the infuriating exchange with customer service that did not help whatsoever. They finally sent me a 35% discount voucher off of a new device, telling me my charge 3 was out of warranty. I apparently only had 30 days to use this voucher, so used it - not wanting to be without a device any longer - on a new charge 4! Understandably not having much faith in the charge 3 after it died unexplainably.

I get my charge 4 and having had it for a few days, get an email (weeks later) saying my charge 3 had infact still been in warranty after all and I can either have a free replacement or 50% off a new device-?! Exactly what I wanted in the first place - Are you actually joking fitbit?

So I replied with what I thought was a very clear cut, logical solution, that please could I be reimbursed the discounted price I paid for my charge 4,ill keep it and won't take the free charge 3. This was ignored. Tried again, then the response was if I want a refund, I have to send my charge 4 back and take the free (probably faulty) charge 3. Why would I go through the effort of a return (that they probably wouldn't receive), going without a device - all when none of this is my fault? I asked for this to be escalated to a manager who perhaps had the authority. I am lied to, when another team member from the same email address has the audacity to tell me my issue has been passed to a higher department and says exactly the same thing - like I am stupid.

We go round and round the houses and still - the ultimatum is I return my charge 4 that I've owned for a week now and get my money back, taking the free charge 3,or nothing. No apology for the massive **ahem** up on their part and me spending money uneccessarily!! I have asked why my suggestion cannot be honoured and I have had no response. I am stunned at how an organisation so big can be this negligible and shocking in its customer service. Every single review and experience I have read seems to lean towards the same thing. I have no idea why what I was asking is so beyond them - it's not as if they can sell my worn charge 4 is it?!

I am genuinely disheartened at having to go through this and appalled at being argued with, when this was not my mistake!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MonA22  the community forums have members, like yourself, who use the Fitbit devices. I've notified a moderator about this and should be by to address this issue with you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi @MonA22. Welcome back to the Community. @Odyssey13, thanks for the heads up.

@MonA22, thanks for sharing detailed information about the situation experienced with your tracker and our team. I understand how you're feeling about this situation and I'm sorry for the options that you were offered for your Charge 3 and Charge 4. Your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed and be sure that it'll help us to evaluate every procedure, enhance our services and prevent this from happening in the future. While I don't have access to your case, I've gone ahead and forwarded your post to our Support team so they can look into your details and evaluate the best solution for you. My best advice is to keep an open communication with them and follow up with your email case should you have any further questions about their resolution.

Your patience is truly appreciated and I hope to see you around.

Best Answer