Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 screen Frozen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I wonder can you assist me in an issue that I am encountering with my Fit Bit charge 2.

The screen is permanently frozen. I let the battery die but if I charge it the same screen appears again and I cannot reset the device as the screen is frozen!

The watch is still capturing my steps (I know this because I can still sync with the phone app however I cannot use it as a watch anymore)

I have had the watch for 2 years is there a life spam to this product where it stops working after a period of time?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I restart should still be possible even if you can't see the screen. Can I just check that this is the restart procedure you are following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • For Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
    • For Charge 3—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

This procedure is known to not always work so it's worth trying a few times. If that doesn't help then it's probably best to contact customer support via contact.fitbit.com If they can't help, they can check your warranty status (some countries have a 2 year warranty) and advise on your options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SteveH

I am following the process that you provided however it does not do anything... (Have tried it a few times now)

Will reach out to the support link you provided and ask can they assist me.

Thanks for the advice.

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. This worked great for my Charge 2. I thought it was ruined. I just plugged it in, like you suggested, and pressed and held the button for 4 seconds. Bingo! It came back to life!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand how you were able to fix it. 
ive tried re-syncing through the App. Also holding down the button MULTIPLE times, and Nothing!

Did u press and hold the button with some sort of tool when it was charging 

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Kitty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this. It worked for me. With the frozen Fitbit 2 in the charger, I was able to press the button by using a pen. The pen was able to go through the small hole in the charger. I pressed the button using the pen for four or five seconds, and my frozen Fitbit 2 came back to life!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the suggestions and mine is still frozen. Called customer support and tried everything they said... still frozen. I’ve only had it a year and a half, so it is out of warranty. All Fitbit could do is send me a coupon towards another Fitbit. Unacceptable!

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me but I've had my Charge 2 for 3 years so it is more excusable. If I only had it for a year a half, I would be upset. 

I think I'm just going to go ahead and use their coupon to get a Charge 3.

EDIT: It's interesting because it does appear to still be tracking. I can sync the app and it shows the steps I've made that day. Only the face of the FitBit on my wrist is frozen. So technically it still works, it just has a frozen screen. It won't turn off plugged in or not.

Best Answer

Can you explain how you used the tool and how it is different than just pressing the button with your fingers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has the same problem.  Restarts while plugged in didn't solve anything while the display showed the time and date from 2 days prior.  So I let the battery drain completely.  Now the screen displays a scattered mosaic of pixels.  I've had mine 3 years, but since this is a known issue, Fitbit needs to fix the firmware or compensate its customers somehow.  It still works internally, for synching up data later, but it's useless as a watch.

Best Answer

i am encountering the same problem.  

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is my exact scenario. I received it as a birthday gift 3 years ago. I've become very attached to it but I don't think I'll replace it.  Too bad.

Best Answer

This is the very problem I am having with no solution.  I call it my "Groundhog Day" Fitbit.  

Best Answer

So, I'm done with fitbit. I really enjoyed the features and there was sentimental value in that my now deceased sister gave it to me as a birthday gift as a QVC purchase. She died 1 day before the birthday. It doesn't make sense to buy another one. Stay  Covid-19 safe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting the device a few times. Only the clock face appears and then goes off. There's a vibration heard but nothing more than the clock face. Is there anything else I can try that you suggest? 

Best Answer
0 Votes