Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not displaying on Charge 4 or Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I received my C4 today to replace my C3 - charged it, installed it, and it automatically performed a firmware upgrade.

All seems to work, except  the heart-rate is no displaying; greyed out and display '--'. in the app (iphone), I have heart-rate data up to the switch from C3 to C4. I did a reboot of the C4 and iphone etc ... no avail.

I assume the C4 has a broken heart-rate sensor ? Can some-one confirm this ?

Chris

Belgium

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

for your info: todays android update doesn't solve the issue

Best Answer

Maybe the problem has been solved? I dit not do anything and I can see my heartbeat on the app. It is not grey anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yep, since around 17 hour it is back again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its resolved! Great work fitbit

Screenshot_20200423-223438_Fitbit.jpg

 now my app crashes when opening excersice tile!

Screenshot_20200423-223501_One UI Home.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having problems with the heart rate, tried all above but no result. Can't seem to get screen to come on either without pressing button, it won't just switch on when I lift my wrist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having issues... I received 2 Charge 4 watches today and one works and the second one has the heart rate greyed out and 0 steps, 0 stairs and 0 distance... On the watch and in the App... Tried all reset , reinstall , turn off and on and nothing helps...  Really annoying... Wrote an Email and the answer will take 7 work days.?!?.. Not even a phone number to call support for Germany... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this problem and waited a few days till there was an update which
popped up on my app and then it all seemed to start working.
Best Answer

@Izzoe are you trying 2 c4 watches in 1 phone/app or account? 

Can u try separating them : other phone and app, other account with other mail id

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I got 1 Watch for my dad and 1 for myself. His showed his heartrate the moment he put it on. Mine just greyed out the heartrate. His was linked to his phone and mine to my phone. So no mixup there... I tried mine on a different phone, new email account, reinstall app, reset on watch and phone. Nothing helped. No heart rate, 0 staires, 0 distance and 0 steps. It synced with the app and the only thing changing was me apparently burning calories...

Meanwhile I did a factory reset and now I having different issues...

When setting up the watch shows the smiley and then the setup logo on the watch and it gives me the 4 digit code and when i enter that into the app it starts loading then the watch showes me an "X" and the app says cant connect. But on my account on the website the watch is registered and even syncs every couple of minutes but everything is at 0 like before BUT the watch only shows the setup screen.

I tried reinstalling app and phone, Bluetooth on/off, take watch from charger for 30 minutes and then register again but its always the same... 4 digit code and then it disconnects.

Always goes back to "www.fitbit.com/setup" screen even though web login and app say it is registered and syncs all the time without issue.

Returning mine tomorrow via Fedex.

Good Luck to everyone else.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@Izzoe return it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got mine a few days ago.  It was working and then it stopped monitoring heart rate. See that many are having this problem.  I tried the restart but that didn’t work.  I am so disappointed in this purchase. .. stops working after only 5 days?

I tried removing it from the phone and starting fresh (lost prior days data). Still no heart rate on app or watch face.   Very disappointed with this product

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hello guys, thanks for your participation in the Forums, I understand how are you feeling.

I am sorry for the delayed in response and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this heart rate issue and the attachments.

Regarding this problem, I just saw a post from our friend @Anjou362 you can see it here. Where she tried the restart process, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. You can give this a try and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted. 😉

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, are there any updates from anyone regarding the grayed out heart rate display on the charge 4 and in the app? I have Samsung S20 Ultra. I know people are having problems with androids and iPhones. Will there be an update to fix it or should I return it?? Does the charge 3 work?

@AlejandraFitbit Please can you provide an updated response regarding the heart rate service not being provided by fitbit. I just bought mine today and now want to return it if this feature does not work or you guys are not working to fix it or responding on this forum to people in need of assistance. It seems like this has been a problem for a while. The rebooting and reinstalling methods do not work. Please help, thank you.

@LizzyFitbit  can you or @AlejandraFitbit  respond and help everyone with this issue? Anyone from fitbit?

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
My charge4 was replaced and I had no issues anymore- works as it should.
Charge3 always worked fine for me, still in use by my daughter
I am happy customer now !

Regards

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer

@HerbMama have you recieved the first update yet? This may take up to 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have run through all of the fixes with customer service. They are sending me instructions on returning mine and will then send me a new one. Apart from the HR monitor not working, it will not hold a charge for more than 24 hours. It is a dud.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was not aware either. Swipe to Settings on the watch. Heart rate on/off is the third option. 

Even with mine on and the green light working it will not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, thanks for getting back.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this heart rate issue. It's great to hear that some of you received replacements that are working properly.

For the ones that keep having problems, some pictures of this would be great. Also, are your trackers and apps updated? Which phones are you using to sync your Fitbit?.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my fitbit charge 4 yesterday in the mail and my heart rate is also grayed out. I went to sleep with it last night and luckily is started working this morning. But after restarting my device, it is greeted out again. I use an iphone 10s. I’m not sure how to post a picture 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I ran through all the fixes with customer service. They quickly agreed to replace it. My guess is this is a well known problem. I also had my battery run down daily. My charge three was great compared to this. I hope you get this resolved soon.

Best Regards,
Nuala
Best Answer
0 Votes