Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I return to the main screen?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I keep the clock as my main screen on the Fitbit Charge 3? Right now I cant get out of the stay awake/notifications screen. I try to swipe up/down, left/right and nothing happens.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

That's useful, but the designers seem to ignore two factors...

When on a 3 hour flight, with no access to a usb port or power outlet, you are out of luck.

And, not everyone has fingernails long enough to successfully push the indent area (certainly it is not a button) for eight seconds or more. A pen works, but that seems like a MacGyver solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure exactly what the question is, however I get back to the main screen by putting the thumb on one side of the rectangle and the index figure finger on the other side and squeezing. This gets you back time/date/ heart rate on home screen.
I don’t know anything about the airplane issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a bit of effort putting together the info from the other replies (that is everyone!)

On the charge 3, it's an easy gentle touch on the sides (with haptic vibe to let you know its accepted) to get back to the previous screen. Wait a sec, touch both sides of the fitbit face again to get to the next previous screen. 

So, I went 4 screens deep and had to touch gently (no squeezing or nails needed) 4 times to get back to the clock, waiting a moment between each new screen. 

Hth!

Best Answer

My clock is showing the wrong time how do I fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going into the settings on your fitbit app will fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

well it soes not.  When I finally get the clock it will no longer show when I raise my hand.  It vibrates every 20 seconds or so for no apparent reason. I want to see my steps and the time.  It also does not reset steps to zero at midnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried attaching to charger and also holding sides but unable to get clock back on home screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

This must be a problem with the Fitbit if a recurring problem in 2019?

Best Answer
0 Votes

agree extremely frustrating

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally your suggestion worked perfectly. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks..just second day of my fitbit and some exercise routine started and was not ending that too at midnight..just followed what u suggested so got the smiley and home screen back 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which side is the button on and how do I work it? I have no idea.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Left side, a long indent. I had to use my fingernail to press it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked like a charm!! 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There isn’t really a button. It’s kind of an indentation. And it’s on both sides. And if you take two fingers and squeeze the watch on both sides on., That will open the main screen or clock face. If you see a different screen for examples your steps or your mileage or your heart rate then just scroll up back to get the clock face or just squeeze both sides again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you everyone. I am now up and running and walking and counting!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

> On the charge 3, it's an easy gentle touch on the sides (with haptic vibe to let you know its accepted) to get back to the previous screen. Wait a sec, touch both sides of the fitbit face again to get to the next previous screen. 

> So, I went 4 screens deep and had to touch gently (no squeezing or nails needed) 4 times to get back to the clock, waiting a moment between each new screen. 

I can't believe they don't put this in the user manual.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks everyone, you are too kind!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for you help.....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes