Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does someone change floor to meters

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit community i was doing a hike to day and started a hike exercise. When I finished the hike i noticed that instead of floors it had meters. So I asked my self and google if there was any way to change floors to meters because I would love to know how far I climbed in meters more than floors. As it takes some time to work out how far i climbed. Kind regards Jdragon25

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @JDRAGON25, welcome aboard! Cat Happy The altimeter can only count floors when it detects raise in elevation of about 10 feet or more, then this is gonna be considered as a floor  just like my friend @SunsetRunner mentioned. 

Now if you are talking about the elevation gain, then this is a different option, you can see it on the tracker itself once you finish your hike, or other activity like walk or run, and that one appears in meters, but that is the only one. So just to confirm, I'd like you to tell me if this is the one you are talking about. Smiley Wink

Keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

The trackers count every raise in elevation of about 10 feet or more as a floor. They are not designed to count feet, yards or meters. They are actually using an altimeter to note the change is air pressure.

Best Answer

Hey @JDRAGON25, welcome aboard! Cat Happy The altimeter can only count floors when it detects raise in elevation of about 10 feet or more, then this is gonna be considered as a floor  just like my friend @SunsetRunner mentioned. 

Now if you are talking about the elevation gain, then this is a different option, you can see it on the tracker itself once you finish your hike, or other activity like walk or run, and that one appears in meters, but that is the only one. So just to confirm, I'd like you to tell me if this is the one you are talking about. Smiley Wink

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Thanks @HeydyF for your message it is helpful as i was taking about the elevation gain.

And knowing that you can only see it when you do a hike, walk or run.

Thanks again for the message @HeydyF,

JDRAGON25

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are more than welcome my friend @JDRAGON25! Sounds pretty awesome that the information that I posted above, helped you out. If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just finished a off road bike ride. On my Charge 2 on my wrist it tells me how many metres I have climbed.

When I go to the fit bit dashboard both on my phone and mac it does not show how many metres I climbed!

Is there something I can do to show this data

Best Answer
0 Votes