Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with syncing and app after updating it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I've been having several issues with my Fitbit ever since the day got it. The first problem I experienced is that I have never been able to update the Fitbit. The it would start the process and sometimes go halfway and then stop but more commonly it couldn't connect to begin the update. 

Ever since I started using the updated or advanced version of the Fitbit App, I been having problems with it. A majority of the time when I open the app it immediately crashes. I will try to put in data manually (weight or water) and it wouldn't save or when i would check later delete the data. 

Lastly, I've been having problems with my Fitbit synching. At first it was an occasional problem but it would eventually synch sometime during the day. Now it has progressed were it hasn't synched in a week and the app says the device can not be found. 

Thanks for the help in advance. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @R_Leimbach, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. To better assist you and further investigate why you're having difficulties with the Fitbit app and the syncing process, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Charge 2? Did you experience the same in the past or is this the first time? Please troubleshoot the Fitbit app following the next steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the operating system version of your phone is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

I also recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be normally completed.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Thank you! This fixed all of the problems that I had with the app and my Fitbit. 

Best Answer