Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost device - straps keep disconnecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I lost my Charge 4 today. I did not notice until I returned home.  Thank goodness,  I still have my Charge 2, which has the same problem.   I will keep it in my pocket when not in the house.  So now i need to purchase another tracker.  Maybe it is time to buy another brand as Fitbit has a strap probkem.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Sparkling73, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, seems odd that your two Fitbit devices experienced the same issue but I'm sorry to know that you lost them. I recommend the following tips to find them: 

1. If you've paired your Fitbit device with a phone, you can take that device to the area where your tracker may have been lost and watch for it to sync. This may help you to pinpoint its location. 
  2. Use a Bluetooth locator app. For Android you can try Bluetooth Finder (http://goo.gl/CLyxgf). 

Let me know if you still can't find your devices in a few days so we can move on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done this, the band came unhooked from the Fitbit. At first I thought that the little square bump that is on the Fitbit side is worn down so that it does not hold in the matching indent on the band side. 

Upon further inspection I see that the little rubber pieces on either side of the latch, on the band itself, are halfway loose from the band. I will try some superglue. 

The Fitbit itself works just fine, as always. 

Best Answer
Unfortunately, my Firbit 4 disconnected while I was out shopping. I did
not notice until I returned home. I had purchased the Charge 4 in April to
replace my Charge 2 because Charge 2 straps were disconnecting so often
that I only carried it in my pockets or purse outside of the house. So now
I am back to the Charge 2 routine. I am glad that I hung on to the unit.
I will try the superglue as suggested. Thank you.
Best Answer
Thank you for responding. I only lost my Fitbit 4 which was purchased in
April '2020 due to the strap disconnecting.

The Charge 2 has the same problem, hence purchasing the Charge 4 in April.
Because of the weak strap connection of the Charge 2, I only wore it on my
wrist while in the house. Anytime, I went out, I put it in my purse or my
pocket. So I was able to go back to using it after I lost my Charge 4.

Additionally, I have already purchased and received a new Charge 4. I
received it on 9/7.
I am not happy that I had to replace my April purchase before the year was
up. Question, could I be reimbursed for the new unit as I only had the old
one for 5 months.

I await your response.

Lettie Mitchell-Anderson
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me all the time, and eventually lost mine. This started about a month after bought it and kept the reflective band that came with my fitbit charge 4. Thought maybe it was a fluke and used the standard rubber band for a little bit, that was way too hot. same thing happened then. Bought a 3rd party metal band with a magnetic clasp. Welp, while moving my wife's parents into their new place the Fitbit charge 4 disconnected from 1 side of the band and fell off. I only noticed when I got home.

I did panic a little bit, but pulled up the Fitbit app saw when it was last synced with my phone, then used the google location history of my phone to see where I was at during the last sync. I think this is going to be my first and last fitbit product. Been looking at smart wrist accessories that will not fall off my wrist and can withstand daily punishment.

I luckily found it, but now really nervous that I cant trust that it will stay on my wrist through normal every day activities yet alone exercising or being on the water, where it ill just sink

Best Answer