Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually logged steps not counting for Challenge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I put steps in manually after doing a spin class. They are not coming up on the workweek hustle that i am in.

Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Any steps logged manually do not count for any challenges.

That would make it way too easy to cheat, though of course you wouldn't but some people would.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Any steps logged manually do not count for any challenges.

That would make it way too easy to cheat, though of course you wouldn't but some people would.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanx for clarifying😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't seem right that we can't log the manual time in both.  If you cheat, you are only cheating yourself.  And if you cheat in challenges, you can cheat logging your regular time.  And If you cheat in the challenges section, your group should vote you out.  So now I've lost 6500 steps on my workplace hustle challenge.  I wish this would be changed.

Best Answer

@Ljhcpa, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Well, the fact that manually logged steps don't count toward challenges is because what Fitbit is looking for, is to give motivation to the users to be more active, so they can compete not only with others, but also with themselves, which I believe is the main goal. We know that people like these type of competitions and make them do more step based activities. 

However, you can go to our Feature Suggestions board and post this idea there, so other users can leave their votes and comments and our team can take a look at it. 

Keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

How do you manually record steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jojo48 wrote:

How do you manually record steps?

How do I manually log an activity or exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jojo48, I hope you are doin' great! In order to manually log your activities through your Android device, please follow these instructions: 

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log Previous.
  4. Adjust the activity details and tap Log It

Thanks for stopping by @JohnnyRow

Let us know if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I run, I wear my sportswatch because it has more possibilities. Afterwards I synch my run with Strava to Fitbit. Why can I see this in my total steps on my dashboard but not in my total steps in a (par example) in the workweek hustle? Has nothing to do with cheating

Best Answer

All well and good fitbit playing to the cheaters but I lose out on steps all the time because I can't manually log steps but fitbit doesn't recognise my steps when pushing a buggy and even using GPS on my phone still doesn't log it right so think they should either fix it so everyone can log there steps if ppl cheat they r only cheating themselves but I'm seriously getting annoyed with the buggy issue 

Best Answer
You have to make sure your arm or wrist is moving. On the treadmill, since
I have to hold on, I make sure my wrist is going up and down. My numbers
on the Fitbit are always at least a quarter mile less than the treadmill.
Best Answer

That's bullcrap. I love the fitbit app, but HATE the hardware. So in order to challenge my friends I have to manually load and then screen shot because the Samsung active 2 isnt compatible with the app. Now that Google owns them its probably time to move on anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The challenges are motivating but not when all my steps are not counted. I guess I will just not join them.

Best Answer

The decision should be up to the people in the competition not Fitbit. There's many ways to cheat that can't be stopped either.

There's also many valid reasons to do this, like when using step machines that don't trigger on fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes