Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

Mine too.  I managed to have them replace the band 3 times, twice in warranty and once out, but now that I need another one they basically said too bad, so sad.  I will be looking into garmin or another device as I am not going to be buying new bands at $40 each every 6 or so months.

Best Answer

Did not realize they were warrantied. Received first one as gift. Band broke at wrist within months. Ended up using a rubberband to keep on until throwing in a drawer. Bought new rose gold and same spot comes apart. Same exact as previous. Exactly same as daughter- in-law experienced as well. And after asking others, this seemed to be a common occurrence!! I believe it is a design flaw. It has to do with the metal clip at the top of the face. You can put the band back into position but it is most definitely NOT secure and falls off if you breathe on it. In that the Fitbit proved to my doctors that I was not exaggerating at all about not sleeping (averaged less than 3 hours for months due to misdiagnosed lingering stroke damage). I nearly bought the apple watch last time... maybe I should have!!

Best Answer

@Disfitbut when the band is attached to the tracker, the user should feel and hear a difinite click. If the click is not heard then the tracker is not connected. 

Considering how cheap t he after market bands are, the ones with the metalmetal  rock, mist friends have multiple bands. 

Best Answer
I recently bought the Fitbit Blaze and I really like it.  I've had it for a month so far but, the band is sturdier that the others.  Maybe check it out if your thinking about the Apple Watch.  Just a thought.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will NEVER buy another piece of CRAP FITBIT and I tell EVERYONE THIS. I am disgusted with it. My strap broke just a few months after purchasing for both that I bought. I ended up supergluing it and that worked for another couple months. Now I have it TAPED which looks like absolute CRAP but it is still functioning. I bought this second one THIS PAST APRIL. **ahem** if it didn’t break exactly like the first only a few months later!!! FITBIT= PIECE OF CRAP 

Best Answer
Fitbit, like HP, seems to be in the business of selling bands! I consistently had this problem and shared. I finally went to Amazon and bought their replacement band; metal, magnetic for $12.99! Best ever and I have had for over a year and no problems. There are many choices on Amazon. At least use your tracker but don’t buy bands from FitBit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You paid to much @summershade I bought the same band for 8.99 aft Target, I also like it.

I find it interesting that many Charge 2 owners have bands that last 1.5 - 2 years and this is reasonable considering that it is just a couple prove of soft silicone. While a few users go through 3-4 bands in a year.

Best Answer

Thank you for your suggestion of other replacement bands. I too am disappointed FitBit does not care to fix an obvious manufacturing defect because the wrist band keeps breaking within six months, and I am on my third band. But the tracker works great so I was happy to find a reasonably-priced replacement band on Amazon.com. 

@summershade wrote:
The metal magnet wrist band offered on Amazon is AMAZING! I paid $9.99 and it is beautiful, sturdy and much easier to wear and slip on and off. I wouldn’t pay a dime for another FitBit band!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having the same problem. The last replacement band sent to me is defective and will not  attach.  i didn't realize the replacement only has a 30 day warranty so I did not try it before the 30 days. It will not attach to the device. I am done with fitbit. There are many other trackers available today.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found that this band from Amazon works. It’s frustrating to have to buy one, but my tracker is still good, so I ordered this and it works well. And it’s not expensive.

Maledan Bands for Fitbit Charge 2, Stainless Steel Milanese Loop Metal Replacement Accessories Bracelet Strap with Unique Magnet Lock for Fitbit Charge 2

Good luck with this and with whatever new device that you get.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is me 4th band so far. I was wondering if you sleep with this band? When I got my 3rd band I decided not to sleep with it on—which extended the life, but it still wound up breaking in the same place. I have to decide if I’m going to keep buying new bands, which could eventually wind up costing more than the Fitbit itself.

The Fitbit is wonderful, the bands are worthless. This point is so aggravating, I think I’d rather get an Apple. I’ll hang on a little longer since this was a gift from my son.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I do sleep in mind. I like the sleep tracker. I ended up buying this band from Amazon

Maledan Bands for Fitbit Charge 2, Stainless Steel Milanese Loop Metal Replacement Accessories Bracelet Strap with Unique Magnet Lock for Fitbit Charge 2

I hated having to buy anything, but it isn’t expensive and - so far- it’s been much better than the one fitbit uses.
Best Answer
I purchased a metal mesh one probably a year ago, no problems since. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m also frustrated with the Fitbit bands. I did end up buying a metal band from Amazon that I’ve had for almost a year with zero issues.
I did buy a Apple Watch on Black Friday
I ended up returning it. I like my Fitbit better. I like the Fitbit fitness tracking and the app way better. I’m sticking with it, hopefully they will get the bands right someday soon

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The entire point for me was the sleeping info which proved I was only getting 2 hours a night (drs assumed I exaggerated; I did not. Was a result of misdiagnosed stroke damage.) I ended up with a new fitbit 3 as I didn’t want the expense of apple watch
Best Answer
0 Votes

After my third band broke, I switched to buying the metallic one with a magnet that allows for perfect fit and easy adjustment when working out. It is also easier to keep clean if you apply sunscreen regularly to your arms. No more broken bands since then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is with people like me, whose wrists are very slim.  Eventually the clasp bends too much because it sharp bend and the end of the device around a slim wrist.  It had my fitbit a few years and actually lost one because of this issue, but I found there are some good replacement straps that do a much better job and bend more freely.  Worth investing in those if you dont want to loose your fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have a small wrist too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is clearly a problem for many people. Here is a link to the watch band replacement that works for me. I bought it a year ago and it's working perfect. Wish I have found it sooner. Good Luck!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0WNQ95/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best Answer