Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Charge 3 Update problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to setup new Charge 3, getting same result from Android Phone and Windows 10 (latest incarnation). Pairing fine, finds Charge 3 syncing running fine in either device. Requires update to start and on either devices the update finds the Charge 3, but then the progress bar just hangs and eventually times out! So frustrating have reset Charge 3 removed and replaced the software, re-paired etc. Syncing works every time but will not update. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @SunsetRunner have you checked that

- your charge 3 has plenty of battery amount

- you keep your charge 3 near your device throughout the entire process

- the updates takes about 30mins, so the progress bar may seem to hang

- you keep the update page open throughout the entire process and dont switch to another app or do anything with your device?

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Jan

Charge is always 95% never goes above.

Charge 3 is always next to Laptop or Phone.

Although the update screen appears to be working as the dots go from device to device the actual lower progress bar never changes. I assume it should change as it uploads the firmware.

Have left it until the failure message comes up.

Will test again tomorrow at a different location on a different internet connection to see what happens.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem updating.  Very frustrating as I like this new charge 3. 

Best Answer

Having the same problem with my new Charge 3. When I switched on my phone immediately recognised the device, but then the tracker doesn't start it just has the 'www.fitbit.com/setup' screen message. On the app it says to update software. But as with users above it continually fails.

Things I have tried:

*keeping both devices (phone & tracker) charging the whole time

*sitting the tracker on phone all the while the update is attempting to proceed

*restarting the tracker

*restarting the phone

*turning phone Bluetooth off and on again

*uninstalling and reinstalling the fitbit app

*resetting the phone entirely to factory settings, reinstalling fitbit app

*connecting tracker to Windows 10 laptop (no connection via Bluetooth)

Nothing works. Hoping a suggestion comes this way please as I like fitbit generally. I've owned both an Alta and a charge 2, both of which worked fine with my (exact same) phone!

If no suggestions will return. Thanks

Best Answer

Same problem. Got this for my wife for her birthday. We were late for lunch. Wasted hours on this and still same problem. Whilst the 2 Fitbit phone operators were friendly, they could not resolve this issue. We are still waiting on them to come back to us. The colour we got is now on back order too. Very disappointing. Still here waiting.waiting.waiting. Would appreciate anyone pls help us solve the issue or yep I will be returning this and buy from a different company. 

Best Answer

You can't let the screen time out or the update will fail.  I tried several times and then realized the app said to keep the window open.  When I did, it updated just fine.

Best Answer

I tried to update.  Screen does not time out.  It just stops the update process and states it needs to update.  This repeated 3 times.

I then tried the fitbit connect app, but Charge 3 is not listed as a device to install.

Returned it to store.

Best Answer

So I've been sitting here 45 minutes tapping my screen so it wont time out fit bit still not updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes