Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New or refurbished?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had issues with the heart rate being dropped and only getting the two little dashes on my Charge 2.  I was within the year warranty and I received a new tracker.  No strap or charger, just the tracker. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine if the tracker I received is new or refurbished? 

It is not indicated either way on the package I received.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Shelly, there is no way to tell but I would feel confident that, if it wasn't identified as Refurbished, that it was new.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Shelly, there is no way to tell but I would feel confident that, if it wasn't identified as Refurbished, that it was new.

Best Answer

I know by law something can't be "sold" as new if it isn't.  Even if the product was only opened but never used and returned to the merchant, it can't be "sold" as new.  But since the replacement wasn't "purchased", I was wondering if they use refurbished items when having to send replacements that are under warranty.

Best Answer

Shelly, I have heard on here from  others that they do send refurbished devices at times under such circumstances but identify them as such.

Best Answer

By US Law a refurbished unit needs to have something stamped on it so that it is easily identified as not new. 

Best Answer

Can you tell me more about this?

My versa’s screen died suddenly after 8 weeks. This is clearly a manufacturing defect.  I am quite annoyed that I may be receiving a refurbished replacement when I paid the full value of the watch just weeks ago expecting a functioning device.  If they send me a refurbished, they better have a check with the difference of the money value included, because I am sending it straight back to them otherwise. That is completely bait-and-switch from the product I was assuming I was buying.

Best Answer

As mentioned above, it will be marked on the box. Ii will also add that if someone buys a tracker,, receives the package from Fed-Ec. Never opens the package but shops it back the following day., Fitbit has to sell it as a teconditionre it remanufatreman product. 

My thoughts are that with any electronic device, conponant failure in general will happen within the first month. After which the product should be good, I generally look at a remanufactured unit as having already be burnt in for me. 

Best Answer

Ok, thank you! I will check and send it back because (if anyone from Apple is reading...) I have some major issues with this... One being, it was defective from the manufacturer and I paid in full $200 for a new watch at Amazon. I could have saved $100 if I chose the refurbished a few weeks ago. I did not purchase the refurbished. So they should not be replacing their error with a product of lesser value. Denmark had a lawsuit against Apple and ruled this illegal in their country for that reason.

Second, I treat my electronics with great care. I have never had to use a warranty. The person had 45 days to return it, that’s almost how long I’ve had my watch and a LONG time in use, particularly in sleeping with it, ew. God knows how it was treated. It could have very easily never been opened, but I don’t like this version of Russian roulette. Someone else’s used watch was never what I agreed to purchase and because someone else treated it poorly, I shouldn’t be without a watch if it breaks in a year as a result. I’m already annoyed that Apple’s error cost me a lesser warranty on my device.

I would love to get refunded and get a new one myself. In fact, I might open a claim with Amazon and see if it gets me anywhere. But I will wait to see what I get sent first...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe if I open a claim with my credit card company that might help...  I purchased a new and functioning product 60 days ago.  Apple has sent me neither.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The warranty replacements are refurbished.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You already initially bought it as new and then it broke.  When you are getting a replacement via warranty you’re not purchasing it, they send you a refurbished item.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I felt the same way.

My charge 3 died (bought  it new) and requested A replacement via the warranty.

They don’t come out and say it and they don’t mark “ refurbished “ on the replacement.  After some back-and-forth with Customer Service Warranty replacements are refurbished.  Your refurbished replacement will be covered under the warranty of your initially purchase product (a year from your purchase).  If your Initial warranty Has exceeded a year, the replacement item Is covered for 90 days under a separate warranty.
My replacement charge 3 died after five months or so and I was left with 2 defective charge 3 products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I felt the same way.

My charge 3 died (bought  it new) and requested A replacement via the warranty.

They don’t come out and say it and they don’t mark “ refurbished “ on the replacement.  After some back-and-forth with Customer Service Warranty replacements are refurbished.  Your refurbished replacement will be covered under the warranty of your initially purchase product (a year from your purchase).  If your Initial warranty Has exceeded a year, the replacement item Is covered for 90 days under a separate warranty.
My replacement charge 3 died after five months or so and I was left with 2 defective charge 3 products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not necessarily @415Ribera it is up to Fitbit and if their is a refurbished available. 

In any case a refurbished unit, by federal law will clearly be marked refurbished or rebuilt. Often the device itself is also stamped. 

Best Answer

I do not know what authority that you’re quoting, but I received a refurbished item and it was not marked refurbished.

A replacement item is not purchased.  They are not selling you anything therefore the laws are different.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!

Did you get any clarification on this?

The same has happened to me and also i received a refurbished item. My second faulty versa! No one let me know it would be refurbished.

To make matters worse it has someone else's private messsges!!

Support were no help barely apologised and gave me a phone number to call

Surely this is a breach of privacy?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you read the warranty, Fitbit reserves the right to replace with a refurbished unit. 

Now if you received a refurbished unit, by federal law it must be clearly labeled as refurbished. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen lasted exactly 11 hours by the time I purchased it to when it completely died. 

I'm gonna be right pissed off also, if they send me a refurbished one also. Not only did my OTHER fitbit product get recalled, now this.  Not too impressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes