Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving notifications for text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It’s been 3 months since my Fitbit charge stopped showing text messages. The phone call notifications seems to work on and off. I’ve spoken with several customer service people and I keep getting told the same crap. We are working to resolve this issue as it seems to be an iOS update issue with iPhones. So a $100 Fitbit only tracks my steps etc but the one function I truly relied on as I can’t carry my phone at work is now useless. Is it only with the Fitbit charge? Maybe I should ask if I can trade this in towards a new model that might actual work for me. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving text messages notifications on your Fitbit Charge 2. Thank you for the time you spent trying to get this issue resolved. We recommend making sure your notification settings are correctly configured on your iPhone for the following apps:

1. The Fitbit App

2. Phone

3. Messages (text)

4. Calendar 

5. 3rd Party Apps

You can find information to set notifications in this article.

If you have followed these instructions without luck, at the moment we don't have any update from our team about this situation. We may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future but will continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products. We're sorry for any trouble this could have caused.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if you have this issue with a Droid phone rather than an iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Valerie823 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I apologize for the delayed response.

Please make sure that your phone is part of the list of compatible devices. In order to resolve difficulties with notifications with Android, iOS or Windows mobile devices we recommend following these instructions.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes