Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick replies not working on Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the fitbit charge 3 last night and it did a very time consuming update however I still cant use quick replies. Is there a way to fix this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

I'm glad to have a new member around the forums, welcome @Sopalenik! Thanks for letting me know you've completed the firmware update on your Charge 3. 

This feature is currently available on devices paired to an Android phone running Android 7.0 or later. Devices paired to an iPhone or Windows 10 phone can respond to Fitbit app notifications, such as messages, cheers, taunts, and friend requests.

Quick replies are automatically turned on for any supported apps that send notifications from your phone to your Fitbit device. For instructions on how to turn on notifications, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

To receive and respond to messages from your device, your phone must be nearby with Bluetooth turned on.

Apps that allow you to reply to a message directly from the notification on your Android phone also support quick replies on your Fitbit device. This includes, but isn’t limited to, apps such as:

• Text messages
  • Twitter
  • Facebook Messenger
  • WeChat
  • Line

Note that devices paired to an iPhone or Windows 10 phone can only respond to Fitbit app notifications.

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will quick replies soon be compatible with android 7.1.1 ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the charge 3 soon be compatible with androide 7.1.1 ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Sopalenik! As I mentioned above, this feature is currently available on devices paired to an Android phone running Android 7.0 or later. 

Hope this answers your question my friend! Robot Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues with this. I was so excited to see this feature finally came out but I cannot get it to work. I have android 8.0, followed all instructions listed and by all accounts it should be working as far as the app is concerned. I was able to view and customize my replies and everything looks as it should. Then, when I receive a text message, the only options on the charge 3 device is "open" and "clear" no matter where or what or which way I tap or swipe. I tried syncing the device at each step of the notification... everything. And yes, all updates on both the app and the device are current. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance for any help!

Best Answer

Same here, I receive a text message and it says open but when I press open, screen goes black and goes back to home screen. just got my charge 3 and this is one of the things im looking forward to being able to send quick replies but to no avail. gmail also doesnt send any notification at all. Using S9+ btw.

Best Answer

Will there be an update soon to support quick reply on iPhones? 

Best Answer

Hey there @Robztnt@BlackMamba24, and @Hellotherehi, thanks for stopping by! I know that it would be great to have this feature, I recommend taking a look at the Quick Replies for iOS Devices request, vote for it and leave your comment.

If you are having issues with your quick replies, I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device?. Our friend is right, when a phone isn't compatible you might experience some connectivity issues between it and your Fitbit but you can always try the instructions provide in the link I provided.

In regards to the email notification, please see: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got mine for Xmas and I was able to do quick reply for a couple days then it stopped and I have a Android 6.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will quick replies soon be added to Iphones?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @booklover462! Thanks for your interested in the implementation of Quick Replies on iOS devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my s9 plus and spent 45 minutes with fitbit on phone this morning and they couldn't get it to work.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will replies be able to be sent from a charge 3 connected to an iPhone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes