Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Wake feature not working on Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just replaced my broken charge 3 with a charge 4. I am unable to get the quick view to work, ya know when you rotate your wrist to see the time. I've taken the "sleep" mode off on the fitbit itself but it still isn't working. Please help, so frustrated 🤦

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Kreed53, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. To resolve this issue, I recommend you to restart your Charge 4 and make sure that the QuickView feature is currently on following the next steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click your Charge 4 image.
  3. Find an option to turn off Quick View.

Looking forward to your reply if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer

Hi, I'm having the same issue with Fitbit Charge 4 Quick View not working.  Everything else is fine.  Sleep mode is off.  I've restarted.  I do steps 1 and 2, but do not see an option for Quick View after I tap Charge 4 image.  Apparently rebooting twice does the trick.  Mine is good now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is driving me mad as I am unable to see the time at anytime or data when doing exercise, When I move my wrist to try and see the time this only happens sometimes! I have to touch the side and then that pauses the exercise and as Im unable to see the screen I don't realise its paused and then the correct workout isn't recorded. I have done all the above but unable to find Quick View and sleep and DND is turned off from my phone. I have rebooted and still nothing changed. Can you advise what to do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click your Charge 4 image.
  3. Find an option to turn off Quick View.

there is no quick view following these steps either in the app or the fitbit dashboard for charge 4 

Best Answer

hes right i could turn it on not off

Best Answer
0 Votes

So for the charge 4 there are no settings for this in the app. You have to change this setting on your fitbit as follows: hold the button on the side for a few seconds and a new screen will pop up. Then scroll to 'screen wake' and turn it off, that should do the trick!

Best Answer

There is no account icon on the Fitbapp dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried rebooting twice and it failed to fix the problem; Charge 4 Quick View not working.

Best Answer

Thank you!  This worked for me.

Best Answer

I agree with this procedure. After numerous attempts to turn off this annoying light turning on at night. All the chats seemed to be old methods. By accident I was trying to reset my charge 4. I pressed the left side button fir a few second a the turn off wake function appeared.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @sd8.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. I am glad to hear that you were able to fix this issue and thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please expound on number 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean with number 3?  I can't find that option

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just goes into "Tap to unlock" when I hold that button down

Best Answer
0 Votes

For Charge 4 users. This is the option that works

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the Charge 4 you have to hold the button down for a few seconds and a menu will appear. If you have a payment card loaded on your Fitbit it will bring up that screen and you need to scroll to the wake settings page (left) at the bottom is the wake toggle button. This menu should appear as the only menu if you aren't using a credit card.

So frustrating that this turned off on it's own, but I'm glad this fixed it finally. 

Best Answer
0 Votes