Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen brightness

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know if Fitbit will ever fix the charge 3 brightness problem? I’ve rebooted and checked brightness settings but it still doesn’t work. It’s clearly a very well known problem but no solution seems available. It’s a shame because the app is good. If there’s no fix I will be buying a different brand of fitness tracker and never return to Fitbit!!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

"It’s clearly a very well known problem"

Not known to me, but I will guess the display is too dim for you.  Have you checked that you are not in Sleep Mode, intentionally keeping brightness dim?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have checked all settings, a search of the forums shows it to be a common, well known issue with no help from Fitbit other than to answer every query with check settings or reboot.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The display on my Charge 3 occasionally decides to go dim.  To fix the problem I need to go indoors where the ambient light is less than outside so that I can see the dull screen.  Then from the normal display:

1. I swipe towards the left 4 times to get to “settings”,
  2. then I tap the “settings” screen to get into the settings,
  3. now I tap “Brightness” until “Normal” appears,
  4. Finally I press the button on the side of the Charge 3 twice to return to the normal display.

This has always worked for my Charge 3 and for my wife’s Charge 3.  I would avoid the “Auto” Brightness setting as this does cause the display to change.  Using the fixed “Normal” brightness setting seems to be better.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, but I have tried all the settings you mention and it never works. It is a fault but out of warranty. I’m hoping for a firmware fix. My wife’s charge 2 never has an issue. Although it has very weak vibrations, it seems they just can’t get any version right. I hear garmin or Apple Watch calling.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes