Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I record my swimming onto mr Fitbit please 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jaynijo, The Charge 2 is not waterproof for swimming, so therefore it is not a multisport option to show up on your device. You can manually log swimming in your Dashboard activities to get the credit for it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Jaynijo, The Charge 2 is not waterproof for swimming, so therefore it is not a multisport option to show up on your device. You can manually log swimming in your Dashboard activities to get the credit for it.

Best Answer
Thank you! X

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes but it doesnt give you steps......the last time I put in an hour swim and it gave me 0 steps but i mean i still get the calories but why cant it be so many minutes you get so many steps.....

Best Answer

@Jamielynn10 are you saying that when yo manually entered awimming it did not give you steps? That would be correct since you don't step while swimming.  

Fitbit uses the calorie burn as the common factor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Balance's old {now retired & no longer in existence} is the only fitness tracker that used your strokes for steps. I wish FitBit did that, but alas.. Rich is right, we didn't step while in the pool {all though some people walk or run in place within the pool} but it'd be nice to convert it anyway. Ahh well..

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes @Rich_Laue thats correct but when your just walking around the pool in the shallow end i feel like you should be getting at least 100 steps...... but yeah i still get calories 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  you can now track your swimming with the fitbit versa 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamielynn10 or the Ionic, Versa 2, Versa lite, and the Charge 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I add it 

Best Answer
0 Votes