Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding how to track walking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First full day with Charge 2 - love it (although the call center support is -- predictably -- deplorable. 

1. I walked what I know is 1.8 miles this morning to work, but the FitBit shows it as 2.7 miles. Is it that inaccurate?

2. How am I supposed to track my walking when "walk" is not an option under the exercise choices on the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@SkipII wrote:

First full day with Charge 2 - love it (although the call center support is -- predictably -- deplorable.

1. I walked what I know is 1.8 miles this morning to work, but the FitBit shows it as 2.7 miles. Is it that inaccurate?

2. How am I supposed to track my walking when "walk" is not an option under the exercise choices on the tracker?

Fortunately, that has not been my experience. I have received nothing but courteous, professional service from then.

1. This is dependent upon your entered Stride Length.  If you set up your profile with your sex, age, height, and weight, it assumed what your stride length would be. If your actual stride length is quite different, the distance calculation will be off by that amount, and you need to manually enter your stride length.

2. You go into the dashboard device settings for Exercise Shortcuts and add Walk if it is not there. Then you can track your walking with Connected-GPS.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I get Walk to show up on the device itself? Right now it only has Run and Bike.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I get Walk to show up on the device itself? Right now it only has Run and Bike.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SkipII You can add the Walk exercise shortcut on your Charge 2 by following the instructions listed here.

Keep me posted if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, found that. But how do I get it to show up on the tracker?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, did that, but how do I get it to show up on the tracker?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the screen that you used to add tye walk, you are able to reda arange your entries.  On the Charge 2 tap the button to get over to exercises. Now tap the display untill walk is showing.

Best Answer

@SkipII wrote:

Yes, did that, but how do I get it to show up on the tracker?  

If you sync your tracker after you make the changes in your app setup, it will download those changes to the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a search on the site nd it talks aobut how to troubleshoot a problem with synching but I cnanot fidn where it talks about how to sync normally and how you know the device is synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SkipII wrote:

I did a search on the site nd it talks aobut how to troubleshoot a problem with synching but I cnanot fidn where it talks about how to sync normally and how you know the device is synced. 

There are two easy ways to manually sync from your phone Fitbit app dashboard:  1) Pull down on the main dashboard, and it will start the sync and display the status at the top of the screen; and 2) Select the tracker icon in upper right hand corner of the dashboard, and it will open the Account screen showing your Fitbit device. Click on that device, and it will start syncing.

From the Account screen described in #2 above, it will show the last time it was synced, like this:

Screenshot_20161207-194823.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey my friend @SkipII! See this post of my to navigate on your Charge's 2 screen and find the way to track your walk activity. 

Good steps and tips my friend @USAF-LarryWoman Very Happy

Happy stepping!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I set up choices to track, such as walking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_mh  please see @DerrickS  post above,  he links to the multisport FAQ, question 2 has your answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes