Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong email when setting up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I set up my account I put in the wrong email address and had already pressed submit before I noticed it. Now I have the message that I need an email verification (or something like that) but I will never get the email since I entered it wrong. How can I fix this? Do I need to uninstall, then install the app again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Go to your profile settings at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile where you can correct your email address

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Go to your profile settings at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile where you can correct your email address

Best Answer

That doesn't work because it is already set up on my phone and I had already logged in to fitbit online as well and created my login properly so now what? Do I have to delete the Charge 2 off my phone and resetup?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not understanding you. Have you created two accounts, one with the correct email and one with the incorrect email? 

If so you have several choices.  I can help if I know what option you want to take

Use the tracker with the correct email, loose history. 

The following will preserve history. 

Have Fitbit support delete account with correct email. Then switch old email. 

Change the account with correct email to a different email, then switch wrong email to correct email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s only on my watch that the information got put in wrong so when I look at my phone it has the wrong email like the others and I can’t get it to send me an email. But through the computer it is the right email because when I created the account online I gave the right email. So how do I get it to change from the original set up on my phone. That is why I was wondering if I had to delete my charge 2 and reset it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RDC3 if it is the Fitbit app on the phone that is not correct, 

I'll ask again in a different way. Do you mind lol sing your Fitbit history? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set-up the my Versa fitbit with the wrong e-mail address, and when I tried to change to the correct e-mail it stated the email address was assigned to another fitbit account?  I only have one.... Please let me know what I need to do so I can receive e-mails.  Thanks, Doug

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Spanky0173 message that telling you that the email address is in use means that somebody already set up a Fitbit account with this email address.

I would try logging in with the address that you want to change it to, using the password you think it may be, or choose the forgot password option.

You will be sent a special link that will allow you to reset the password.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn’t work for me because it says my good email address is already in use by another user. That cannot be because I have never had a FitBit before and never had an account. How do I prove that morrisjw1946@gmail.com is my email and get it assigned to my FitBit account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Instead of creating a new account. Choose the login option to log into your current account. 

Now since you do not know the password connected to your email, let's choose the I forgot the password option. 

A link will be sent to your email address allowing you to reset the password. 

That is if their really is an account connected to your email 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem have duplicated my email address and now have 2 addresses registered. One of which I had entered the email incorrectly. When I try and change it I get an error message this account already exists. Yes it's mine but i can't get out of the wrong email.

Best Answer

Hi @Alinor which address has all of your fitbit data? 

The bad address or the correct address? 

Which account is your fitbit tracker connected to? 

If your data is in the wrong account, we can fix this. 

i see you are posting from an account that was created last December.

Please go to this page. Near the top will be the email address. Is this the correct email? 

Best Answer
0 Votes