Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned changed when I edited exercise type

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do a lot of workouts in the pool as a busy Aquatics Director of a community pool. Yesterday I did a 30 minute HIIT aqua workout. When I was done with the workout I checked my Inspire dashboard - it said that I swam for 30 minutes and burned 267 calories. I do swim but not this time. I edited the type of exercise to Water Aerobics and the calories burned changed to 167.

What the heck, Fitbit???!!! 

I mistakenly presumed that calories burned were based on an algorithm using heart rate readings via the tracker and information about my weight, height and age from my profile.  

I am more than over the presumption that water groupX workouts are lame and not calorie burners or strength builders.

So, the question is - how do you all figure out calories burned for individuals with your trackers?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @tomstribe8 As soon as you manually edit an activity it will no longer use your heart rate recording as the basis for the calories burned, but uses population averages instead. I guess that is what happened to your calories. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes