Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise, Sleep and now steps not recording properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having multiple problems with my Inspire 2.  I do a treadmill walk 5-6 days a week, each lasting 35-40 minutes.  The device records the exercise as Elliptical, which is no big deal, but it consistently shorts the exercise time by 5-10 minutes.

The sleep hours are being shorted intermittently, but more often than not, by up to as much as 2 hours!!  Finally, and more recently, it is shorting my steps frequently.  In addition to my 35-40 minute daily treadmill walk, I also do a 15 minute exercise program through Facebook.  These two combined, usually record between the high 6000s to the low 7000s in number of steps.  Today, I did a 40 minute walk and one 15-minute exercise program, and the step count at that point was 5200-ish.

I would appreciate any suggestions or assistance with these issues.  Thanks much!  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Use the Exercise App on your Inspire 2. Your can tell it you are doing Treadmill, or Walk, and tell it when you start and stop, so it is recorded an the right activity and time is not shorted.

See How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Sleep.  That happens.  You can edit your sleep hours.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Use the Exercise App on your Inspire 2. Your can tell it you are doing Treadmill, or Walk, and tell it when you start and stop, so it is recorded an the right activity and time is not shorted.

See How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Sleep.  That happens.  You can edit your sleep hours.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am experiencing the same thing.  No readings of heart rate, exercise.  Very frustrating.  

Best Answer

@Msrose2003 wrote:

I too am experiencing the same thing.  No readings of heart rate, exercise.  Very frustrating.  

To me, that doesn't sound at all like the same thing as original poster who was getting heart rate, and exercise recorded.

Anyway, go to Quick Settings by pressing both side buttons a few seconds  Check that you are not in 'On Clip' mode, which turns off heart rate.  If that is not it, go to full Settings and check that you do not have 'Heart Rate' turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue and it's also displaying the wrong time (about 50 minutes slow).  I've deleted the app off my phone, turned the inspire on/off.  turned my bluetooth off/on.  still no luck.  so not logging steps and the time is wrong. been doing this for about two weeks.

Best Answer