Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit overestimating kcals burnt

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there.

Had my fitbit for 2 years and used to do a 2 hour walk and that would roughly burn 500 or so kcals. Recently I have been doing 1 hour walks and it's saying 388 kcals burnt and another time it's 455.

When I Google my height and weight it says an hours walk is roughly 250... What's going on!!?? 

Screenshot_20230626_204745.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

"Walk" is quite a broad range of intensity.  It could mean a leisurely Sunday stroll through the garden, or a competitive race walker.  Does the chart you googled break down the intensity or just call it "walk"?  Fitbit knows just how fast your heart was beating and how hard you were working.  Would you really prefer to go by some general chart that doesn't know anything about your walking intensity?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand what your saying but both walks were at a leisurely pace... If I had been really power walking or marching then yes I wouldn't question it but it's the same route, pace and duration I take how can it be so different each time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A 17% difference between 388 and 455 cal.

I would look at the two workout summaries and compare the heart rate charts; the simplest comparison would be average heart rate, though average doesn't tell the whole story.  And I'm talking about workout summary under Exercise tile, not necessarily what you see from tapping the Zone Minutes.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes