Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopelessly Erratic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Inspire 2 since the end of December 2021, and during that whole time it has been hopelessly erratic, in spite of everything I have tried (constantly resetting the unit, changing the position and/or tension of the band).  The problem is with the heartbeat monitor...which is the main reason I want to use this FitBit.  Sometimes it works, but many times it freezes up and fails to count or track my heartbeat properly.  During the past week, I have done the same workout, at the same level of effort, for the same 60 minutes with wildly varying activity points awarded.  Thursday 65 zone minutes, Friday 41 zone minutes, Saturday (day off), Sunday 5 zone minutes, Monday 36 zone minutes, Tuesday 80 zone minutes, Wednesday (today) 14 zone minutes.  Each of these workouts should have shown similar results.  All the data I get pertains to whether or not the Inspire 2 is working, and has nothing to do with my own fitness workout.  I am disgusted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

There is another possibility from the way zone minutes are awarded.  On phone app click on Zone Minutes circle to see the heart rate limits of the various zones.  You could be spending a lot of time with heart rate right near one of the limits. For instance if your lower limit of Fat Burn is 110 bpm and you are often between 108 and 112 bpm.  Anything in that range might seem the same effort to you, but just a variance of a couple of bpm makes the difference of getting zone minutes or not.  Say one day you spend a lot of time at 110 and 111; the next day at 108 and 109; minimal difference in effort but big difference in zone minutes.  Likewise for the difference between Fat Burn and Cardio for double minutes.

If this is the case, you could look at your workout summaries and see total calorie burn looking much more similar than zone minutes.  So Zone Minutes is certainly not always the perfect measurement.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Unfortunately, that really isn’t the case. I can clearly see that the monitor periodically and frequently freezes on a given heartbeat. The heartbeat screen goes gray and still and stays stuck on whatever number it was on when it froze until it lurches back to a start and begins beating again. Luckily this does NOT reflect what my heart is actually doing. I do appreciate your thoughts, though.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer