Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 Tracking Distance Incorrectly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,
I think my fitbit inspire 2 is tracking my distance wrong. I went on a hike today which was 5.3km but according to my fitbit I walked 7km. I had my phone with me and the location sharing was on in the setting on my phone and the 'phone GPS' was on in my fitbit. My stride length has also been filled in. I know if I go to the exercise section above the time I have to wait for it to say 'connected' but I went on a hike and there is no option for a hike on exercise. 
Please could someone shed some light on why this is happening. 🙏

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @LizzyLeRoux since you do not have “hike” among your exercises on your Inspire 2, it sounds like you were relying on auto detecting (smart track) your hike?  In that case you will not get a distance for an individual exercise, just for the day’s total.  Have I understood correctly?

BTW you can definitely have “hike” amongst your Inspire 2 exercises on your wrist.  You will need to add this in your app.  On the opening screen of your app click on the small person icon/photo top left, and then click on your Inspire 2.  On the next screen choose “exercise shortcuts”.  You are allowed up to 6 exercise shortcuts on your Inspire 2, so if 6 are already there you will need to delete one before you can add in hike.  Just click to edit, remove any exercises you don’t often use, and add in “hike” (or any other exercise you want).  You can also reorder how they appear on your wrist - so if you use hike a lot, you may want it first...  

Be sure you sync your Fitbit so changes made in the app are reflected on your wrist.  

Next time you hike you can start your activity manually from the exercise shortcut on your wrist, and the connected GPS from your phone will be available to you.  That should make your distance much more accurate.

I hope this helps!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @LizzyLeRoux since you do not have “hike” among your exercises on your Inspire 2, it sounds like you were relying on auto detecting (smart track) your hike?  In that case you will not get a distance for an individual exercise, just for the day’s total.  Have I understood correctly?

BTW you can definitely have “hike” amongst your Inspire 2 exercises on your wrist.  You will need to add this in your app.  On the opening screen of your app click on the small person icon/photo top left, and then click on your Inspire 2.  On the next screen choose “exercise shortcuts”.  You are allowed up to 6 exercise shortcuts on your Inspire 2, so if 6 are already there you will need to delete one before you can add in hike.  Just click to edit, remove any exercises you don’t often use, and add in “hike” (or any other exercise you want).  You can also reorder how they appear on your wrist - so if you use hike a lot, you may want it first...  

Be sure you sync your Fitbit so changes made in the app are reflected on your wrist.  

Next time you hike you can start your activity manually from the exercise shortcut on your wrist, and the connected GPS from your phone will be available to you.  That should make your distance much more accurate.

I hope this helps!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you understood perfectly, and I have now added hike to my exercises. This helped so much! Thank you very, very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes