Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 doubling steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does my Fitbit insist on doubling my steps each day , I wear it on my non dominant hand 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the forums @Sandy999.

Thank you for sharing the details regarding Inspire 2. Sorry to know the difficulty that you are experiencing.

Keep in mind the algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement, such as working or cooking, you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats.

The restart doesn't delete your records but it can help to prevent the inconvenience from happening again. Before considering other options, and if you still consider the steps are not accurate, please make sure that you've tried the restart procedure again as described in this article, then check if you continue to experience the same behavior. In the meantime, you can find more useful information about the accuracy of Fitbit devices and how to adjust your stride length and dominant hand settings here.

In addition, please confirm if you are using Mobile track. It is a service that allows you to count steps using your phone even if you forget to wear your Fitbit. You can "unpair" Mobile Track from your account.  On your Fitbit app go to the upper left corner, on the phone and device icon. Click on your phone icon and on the 3 dots and choose "unpair".

Best Answer