Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 overcounting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a FitBit Inspire2 and I'm so disappointed by the steps feature as that was one of the main reasons I get it. 

Like many, many others in this forum, my FitBit counts WAY too many steps for me. If I just do simple tasks with my hands, like picking something up while standing or doing the dishes, it counts steps. I'm ending up with WAY more steps every day than I do every day which is throwing off all my other fitness apps that calculate my calories out. 

I have tried everything recommended. I wear it on my non-dominant hand, I've logged my stride length and I've restarted my FitBit. No luck. 

I'm wondering whether I should send it back but I'm REALLY hoping perhaps there is an upgrade fix in the works? Since, as far as I can tell, the steps over count for everyone? Or, if I request a replacement is it possible a replacement FitBit would work better? The other option is, is it possible to simply turn off the steps tracker UNLESS I tell it to track steps (like on a walk). I'd rather have that (which would be more realistic for my daily calories expended) than what I have now. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Have had the same problem. Reset step length, wearing on non-dominant hand. Still sucks. 
Bought it a year or so ago, tried for a few months, comparing its counts to my iPhone, which seems much more accurate based on knowing the length of the trails that I hike. 
I put it away for a few months and took it out again last week. Same nonsense. Walked 3.5 miles today and moved around in my 2k sq ft house.  According to the Fitbit, I have traveled 8.5 miles. 
Couldn’t be more done with this thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah. I just don't understand why this isn't in any of the reviews about this product. It feels like a bait and switch, since most of us probably bought it in large part because of the step counting feature. It's really too bad, because I like everything else about it.  I don't understand how if the rest of the sports fitness tracker world has figured out how to do steps, FitBit can't?

Best Answer
0 Votes