Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 stopped tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sleep data was showing no problem till around jan 2 then it just stopped. Nothing resets it. Reading on here seems im not the only one. So did something happen ? Maybe an update thats caused it?if it.cant be fixed, i ll be buying another brand.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I loved this feature and mine disappeared a few nights ago. I’m very frustrated with this Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Bought mine on the 6th and it has only recorded one night.  I do not know what is wrong!

Best Answer

Exactly!  I got mine about the same time. Only one night and gone. I don’t have the sleep tile anymore. 

Best Answer

This is my first fitbit ans since I got it on Jan 8th, its only doing the active states. No sleep score or sleep stages. Its set to wrist and I have the app on in the background. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

Hope we find a solution soon. 

My sleep tracker worked perfect last night! I hope yours did too. 

Mine sleep score worked perfect last night.  Yesterday I went through all the settings and looked through the app, there was a “sync” button on the app. Which I pressed, not sure if that’s what helped.  Good luck, owners manual is 66 pages. 

Mine worked last night, maybe Fitbit fixed their problem. 

Moderator Edit: Merge replies 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep worked perfectly last night (2 previous nights were not). Here are the 3 things I did:

1. Reset Fitbit- place on charger and press down on both sides till a smile face appears on the screen, it will automatically restart.

2. I wore the strap snug to wrist like I would while exercising

3. I turned my Bluetooth on my phone off at night and just turned it back on in the morning and synced with Fitbit 

I did not tell the app I was going to sleep, it will automatically know after 1hr of not moving

Result: instant sleep score and all stages. It recorded how long I was asleep perfectly.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Hi, i ll try all that tonight. Using my old alta hr at the moment. It did sleep no problem at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried prior to posting.

If your Inspire 2 isn't tracking sleep please confirm that On Wrist and Heart Rate are turned on in the Settings app, to access it press and hold both buttons. 

If the previous settings have been checked but sleep isn't tracked. There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

not too happy, new fit bit Inspire 2.  I have had no tracking on  sleep , steps /hour  x 4 days now. I have tried everything suggested . Manual is too long and complicated. I remember when setting up I used "on wrist" but now I can't find that to confirm. Settings app???  Do you mean settings when in sleep screen cause that doesn't work. 

Best Answer

At what battery percentage is the Inspire 2 considered "critically low". I've checked my app, the user manual and searched online but I'm not finding that information. My Inspire 2 stops recording my sleep somewhere between 30 and 20 percent of battery. I am not getting a "battery low" warning before it stops working properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Inspire 2 only for a couple of days, but both nights it stopped tracking sleep around 3.30AM while I was definately still sleeping (untile about 6.30 - 7). It tracked my sleep perfectly before this time and has a very accurate recording of when I went to bed. All settings are ok (sleep mode, on wrist, normal sensitivity, etc.). I have no clue why the device thinks I stop sleeping at 3.30 AM. For both nights I have manually changed my waking up time as I experienced this, but it feels a bit silly to do this since the device is in part designed precisely to track sleep and I think I'm messing up the data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem but my Inspire 2 has stopped recording a full night when the battery is less than 60%.  Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes