Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR shows 001 error code

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else have issues with your Fitbit not working after charging? This is the second Inspire HR to do this and it’s so frustrating. It just shows a smiley face and then turns to a screen showing 001. It won’t synce with my phone. Very frustrated and disappointed in This particular product. I’ve tried all the recommendations in the forums and no luck.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just chatted with a Fitbit support Agent about this same issue. Was told it’s a known issue and that “We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.“

When I asked him to clarify what that meant he said “It means that we are aware that some devices get stuck in the 001 error display and that after the restart some of them work again and some of them do not work. And our engineers team is currently working to find a resolution“.

He confirmed that since I’ve had mine for only a few months, it’s still under warranty, but they won’t send a replacement because, “Unfortunately, we can not assure you that a replacement will resolve the issue, and since it is under investigation, we need to wait for further instructions.“ 

So basically they know it doesn’t work but also won’t replace the faulty product even when under warranty. Really disappointed both with the IT issue, and the customer support. Poor customer experience overall. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @grace_nyland.

I am sorry to hear your Inspire HR shows a smiley face and then 001 error. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to confirm if you've tried to restart your tracker by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Regarding the syncing issue, I recommend confirming if your tracker is paired to your Fitbit account and pair it if needed:

1. Make sure the Fitbit app is up-to-date. Tap the Today tab

, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

For complete troubleshooting instructions to resolve the syncing issue, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

By the way, I've moved your post to Inspire & Inspire HR board so we can keep our forums organized. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just chatted with a Fitbit support Agent about this same issue. Was told it’s a known issue and that “We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.“

When I asked him to clarify what that meant he said “It means that we are aware that some devices get stuck in the 001 error display and that after the restart some of them work again and some of them do not work. And our engineers team is currently working to find a resolution“.

He confirmed that since I’ve had mine for only a few months, it’s still under warranty, but they won’t send a replacement because, “Unfortunately, we can not assure you that a replacement will resolve the issue, and since it is under investigation, we need to wait for further instructions.“ 

So basically they know it doesn’t work but also won’t replace the faulty product even when under warranty. Really disappointed both with the IT issue, and the customer support. Poor customer experience overall. 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue and this was given to a friend for a Christmas gift. I purchased this product for it's brand reputation and am so disappointed with not only the poor quality but with the lack of support from the company. 

I have tried EVERY troubleshooting suggestion with no resolve and I would very much appreciate instructions on how/where to send this back for a replacement or refund. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kelliaeiou.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I appreciate your feedback and recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your tracker's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes