Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording spinning - Inspire HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I record spinning as a exercise option?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There is a Spinning exercise shortcut. It's just not one of the six defaults, so you'll need to add it. This is how:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap on the icon in the upper right corner to access your account settings.
  3. Tap on Inspire HR in the list of devices.
  4. Scroll down to "Exercise Shortcuts" and tap it.
  5. For iOS, click "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen, then decide which shortcut you want to delete and tap the red circle next to its name, then tap "Delete". For Android, swipe left on any shortcut to remove it.
  6. Now tap on the "Exercise Shortcut" option at the bottom of the list.
  7. Find "Spinning" in the list (it's NOT alphabetical) and tap on it.
  8. If you want to make "Spinning" the first exercise shortcut or move it up in the list, press and hold the three vertical lines icon to the right (iOS) or left (Android) of the "Spinning" section, and drag the Workout section to the top of the list of shortcuts or wherever you want it.
  9. Press "Done" in the upper right corner.
  10. Press "Inspire HR" in the upper left corner.
  11. Make sure your phone syncs to your tracker to send it the new shortcut and ordering changes.
  12. Verify the "Spinning" shortcut appears in the list of exercise shortcuts on your Inspire HR.

Hope that helps! (If it did, you can accept my answer as the solution, so the moderators will know this question was answered.)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

There is a Spinning exercise shortcut. It's just not one of the six defaults, so you'll need to add it. This is how:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap on the icon in the upper right corner to access your account settings.
  3. Tap on Inspire HR in the list of devices.
  4. Scroll down to "Exercise Shortcuts" and tap it.
  5. For iOS, click "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen, then decide which shortcut you want to delete and tap the red circle next to its name, then tap "Delete". For Android, swipe left on any shortcut to remove it.
  6. Now tap on the "Exercise Shortcut" option at the bottom of the list.
  7. Find "Spinning" in the list (it's NOT alphabetical) and tap on it.
  8. If you want to make "Spinning" the first exercise shortcut or move it up in the list, press and hold the three vertical lines icon to the right (iOS) or left (Android) of the "Spinning" section, and drag the Workout section to the top of the list of shortcuts or wherever you want it.
  9. Press "Done" in the upper right corner.
  10. Press "Inspire HR" in the upper left corner.
  11. Make sure your phone syncs to your tracker to send it the new shortcut and ordering changes.
  12. Verify the "Spinning" shortcut appears in the list of exercise shortcuts on your Inspire HR.

Hope that helps! (If it did, you can accept my answer as the solution, so the moderators will know this question was answered.)

Best Answer

Thanks - spinning now listed. 

Best Answer

In the upper left corner the inspire hr button is gone ! For me please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
It appears that you can no longer accomplish this from the app, but you can do it on the fitbit.com web site. This method was tested by me and it works as of 12/25/2019. Go to fitbit.com and sign in. Click on the gear icon on the upper right and select settings. On the left side under devices, click on InspireHR. Then, next to Exercise shortcuts, click edit. Then, underneath "You can select up to 6 activities" click edit to show all the possible shortcuts Click spinning to add a check mark and slick save. Then drag spinning to the top and reorder the other shortcuts if desired. That's it. There is no SAVE button or DONE button.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Newbie here...apologize for the (most likely) simple question: I've added the shortcut for spinning to my Inspire HR; however, I don't know how to actually log the workout. The same goes with the rest of my shortcuts (Tennis, Kickboxing, etc.). I can see the shortcuts on the app, but is there a way to record them on the Inspire HR device?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
On you Inspire HR swipe down to see "Exercise." Tap the screen to see the particular exercise that's at the top of your list. Swipe up to see other exercises. When you see the one you want, tap the screen; you will then see a "play" icon. Tap the screen again to start recording your exercise. When finished, press the side button. The screen will then say "paused, press button to finish." Press the button again and the screen will say "finish." Tap the screen and it will say "nice work." At this point you may swipe up to see your results, or press the button twice to return to your clock face.
Best Answer

That works! I can't thank you enough! I've been searching everywhere for this and this is the first relevant explanation I've come across! 

Thanks again!

Best Answer

Have Inspire device.  When trying to add spinning to shortcuts, do not see Exercise Shortcuts as described in step 4.  Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your answer allowed me (with minor changes) to update my Inspire 2 to add spinning.  Thank you!  These devices work well but are not very intuitive to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes