Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Video about Inspire Clip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you are wondering about the difference between the HR version and the not HR or clip vs band.. watch this short video to get some ideas, tips or me awkwardly navigating the tracker 😁. Post ideas for other short videos you would like to see in the community... Inspire Video 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hey @emili thanks for sharing this video. I'm sure users will find it very helpful. 😉

User-added image

Wear Inspire on your wrist or in an accessory clip whichever is most comfortable for you. Remove both wristbands, and insert your device into the clip for a more discreet option. 

For more information about the "On Clip" option, see How do I wear my Fitbit device?

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that the clip should be included with the product and not cost an additional $20.

Best Answer

1. I was using Fitbit zip for the last 7yrs and it has now stopped working. Will my data move to this new device or will I lose it? I know it worked fine woth my replacement fitbit zip

2. And it seems that the screen keeps turning off quickly in the video is that something that can be configured

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tammy_Gandhi hey there, your data is stored in the app, so the server, not on the device itself once you sync. As far as the data display,  you can tap it back on or you can set it to auto come on when you flip to see it or turn your wrist. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup cool✌️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered a Inspire HR and the clip.  Unfortunately, the clip doesn't work with the HR model.  It would have been nice to have a real disclaimer info about the clip - like "hey there, it doesn't work with the Inspire HR!".  $20 in your pocket and out of mine and nobody to give this clip to.  I wonder if I can possibly be the only one to make this mistake that someone in filling this order wouldn't catch my error and give me an option to cancel the clip.  I've been wearing a Fitbit since 2014 or so and I would have kept using my Charge II, but couldn't find a band for it.  Now this clip situation has me questioning my choice to buy anything from Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Hi...I am confused about the clip options because the instructions tell you to push and hold the button to change the settings from band to clip.  When I do so, there is not such setting to change.  Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You showed options of clock formats but where were you when you showed these?  How do I get there?

I am used to a Fitbit One.  I only want a clip.  The Inspire has been frustrating to set up.   It came with a 62 page "safety instructions & limited warranty" of which only 8 pages were in English and absolutely no instructions on how to set up the Inspire were included.  The inspire came in a sealed plastic bag, with no name or model number or anything.  I saw a message to go to fitbit app to set up.  This was absolutely no help.  I went to my account.  Of course I needed which model I had, had to go back to my order to find it since it was not labeled in any of the packaging. Of course what I found did not tell me how to remove the wrist band and the additional clip I ordered had no instructions on how to remove a wrist band in order to use the clip.  I now get vibrations every time I get any messages on my phone.  I don't want any vibrations from phone messages.  I want no messages.  I really wish the packaging had been more helpful and a manual would have been more helpful

Instructions say, "If you previously wore Fitbit Inspire in the wristband, press and hold the button on your device, and tap On Wrist to change your device to On Clip"  No such option when I press and hold the button on my Inspire HR.  What should I do?

Thank goodness I did not order the Inspire HR.  I was a Fitbit One user and have no desire to have anything on my wrist.  In looking at the options it did not appear that they had clip fitbits anymore.  I had to do a search to see if this was possible to find the Inspire filled the bill.  Yes, had to order the holder separately.  They could have kept the wrist band, which came for some reason with one extra piece (not both pieces) of the wrist band.  I could have at least had a clip instead of a wrist band.  Upon receiving, of course, there was no instructions anywhere on how to remove the wrist band.  That had to be an internet search.  It should have been much more informative and clear.  Now my bra is vibrating everytime I get any kind of text message on my phone - not wanted.  Oh my, it should have been way easier.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I am also a One user, never wanted to wear one on my wrist.  Sometimes in pocket, but usually in the clip on my bra.  I also bought the Inspire HR first, not realizing I couldn't use the clip.  So I gave it to my niece and got the non-HR model.  I have it in the clip, but it doesn't recognize movement except possibly steps.  I tracks sleep, except that when I am sitting at my computer, it thinks I am sleeping.  Guess I need to find a way to jiggle my boobs more...  I find I cannot use the wristband because I cannot manipulate the strap fastening.  It takes a lot of two handed pressure to get the little knob into the hole.  I have ordered an alternate band with buckle from amazon...I also would like a manual, and how to change mode to clip...

Best Answer

Do you have have the HR or the non HR? I really want the HR but want the ability to wear it in the clip because I don't always like something on my wrist. I asked customer support and they said the HR would not work in the clip.

Best Answer

I have the regular Inspire.  I would like to have the HR, but it is my understanding that it is thicker, so doesn't fit in the clip.  But I also suspect the back needs to touch your skin/body in order to pick up your heartbeat and would not be able to do that in the clip.   I have not been wearing the Inspire very long.  It initially did not pick up as much as it should when I wore it in the clip, and I couldn't manipulate the band that came with it.  I couldn't get the little metal knob through the holes, even with two hands.  I did get an after market band from Amazon, and was able to wear it, but it still seems to measure less than what I get from just carrying my iphone.  Yesterday I went walking, and the fitbit gave me 1100 fewer steps than my iPhone.  Today it is back in the clip, and I did actually get the device changed over to clip mode.  I'm wearing it in an older bra that doesn't have any 'structure'/molding.  It is closer to my body and though numbers are still lower, they are closer.  

Best Answer

That’s correct, you’ll have to get the Inspire for it to work.

You can get the steps on how to remove the band & change the clock settings by clicking on the instruction manual on the Fitbit website. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on support, product help, click on picture of the inspire, then  the instruction manual link.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did read the manual, but the best instructions were on the card attached to it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in exactly the same situation. I was told by one chat person that all functions will work in the clip except the HR function. I was told by another chat person they know they won't because you can't switch to clip function. Since I can't wear it on my wrist I'm sending the whole thing back. It would have been nice if they had been very clear before I ordered. I've had several different models of fitbits and never had an issue before. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy another fitbit or not especially since the chat person I interacted with was very rude.

Apparently inspire HR is not compatible with the click. I didn't find that out until after I purchased. They don't do a good job of letting people know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I finally got it to ‘click’, but I had to hold the button down for a time.

I have always had good relationship with the chat people.  I kept having sync problems with the One.  I think they are getting better about the Inspire and the clip.  They now tell you when you you go to order the clip that it is for Inspire only.  I have other concerns with my Inspire.  It doesn’t always pick up when I am sleeping at night.  If I set it manually for sleep, it doesn’t show restless or awake times. It also lags behind my iPhone when counting steps and mileage.  I went walking this morning for half an hour and it only gave me 16 minutes, and counted 1000 steps and 1/3 mile less than the phone.  But after I went grocery shopping in two markets, it caught itself up. 

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have the HR.   Still having trouble with it though...but haven't had the time to "work" on it.
Best Answer

Mine doesn’t record exercises or sleep (unless I manually add it) I’d like an explanation too.

Best Answer

Why is the strap so hard to attach to your wrist?  I cannot put it on so I put it in my pocket.  Terrible design.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Inspire. How do I set an alarm?  Tbe video says it has the capability but not how to do it. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes