Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18k steps while charging last night. Admin help please

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up with over 18k steps today. Lol. I hadbit vharging last night. The watch and the main part of the app say 18k. But the step detailed part shows my correct steps for today. Any idea ? Any way to get to the right amount ? 7D24CEDC-E6E8-4AD4-BEC9-9FE67E1BF57D.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Bunnybear_05 Was your Fitbit near a fan or in an area where there was vibration? I have seen this happen when there is even the slightest continuous movement. Please give your tracker a restart too for good measure. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Were NONE of the bugs in the Ionic fixed in the Versa? And here we go again with Fitbit's solution to everything being to restart the watch.  This problem should be an easy fix - if the watch is charging, the watch should not be counting steps as one can't charge the watch and wear it at the same time.

Best Answer

But if it was counting steps from a fan, then why would my app read the correct amount in the detailed step portion ? 

Its by a fan. But my fitbits always have. And it should be reflected in the detailed step portion if it was truly counting the vibrations from my fan. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am afraid that Fitbit is has released the Versa with lots of problems just like the Charge 2 and Ionic. Lots of people reporting no steps, few steps or way too many steps.  This is a basic function of the device.

I hate to say it but I have had similar problems with all my FitBit devices when first introduced.  They do get them worked out slowly and right no rebooting is their best help.

Best Answer

Are people still experiencing this with the Ionic ? Or was it eventually remedied. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seemed to just fix itself on my Ionic. I don't remember changing my charging habits and it definitely wasn't an update that solved it. I wonder if it has something to do with the device calibration? 

As for the phantom steps, they are impossible to remove. I tried everything. Even adding a driving exercise for that period doesn't remove them, as far as the fitbit servers are concerned they really don't exist. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes