Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Minutes are not logging, issue started today

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa since launch day and I have not had any challenges with tracking of exercise until today. I have tracked 2 walks this AM with the exercise app, and it didn't log active minutes on either walk. They were brisk walks with my HR reaching about 110 over a .25 mile distance and around 500 step each.

I even added a walk manually using the same parameters as my GPS walk, and still, no active minutes logged. 

Previous walks recorded active minutes (even as low as 7 active minutes) based on my workout. Is this another issue to add to the list or is it only affecting me? Thanks, gang!

Fitbit Ionic adidas edition ¦ iPhone X ¦ MacOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I figured out the problem. The active option ONLY calculates if you are active for 10 minutes or longer. If your exercise is less than 10 minutes, it doesn't calculate 😞

When I went back and looked at my previous week's efforts- active minutes were only logged when I was active more than 10 minutes. My examples today, were up to 6 and 8 minutes, thus no activities were logged.

IMO this is total Fitbit fail and the algorithm should be modified to account for activity even if it's in less than 10-minute increments. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

There is a banner at the top of the page that says that they are working to resolve an issue that is impacting syncing, setup, firmware updates, music transfer, weather app and downloading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but this isn't a sync issue, the active time isn't recorded on my watch. So, of course, it doesn't sync anywhere else. 

Since you are so helpful, based on the fact that as of yesterday it was recording Active time, why it wouldn't record it today? My issue isn't with syncing, setup, firmware updates, music transfer, weather app and downloading as you kindly pointed out. 

Best Answer

I figured out the problem. The active option ONLY calculates if you are active for 10 minutes or longer. If your exercise is less than 10 minutes, it doesn't calculate 😞

When I went back and looked at my previous week's efforts- active minutes were only logged when I was active more than 10 minutes. My examples today, were up to 6 and 8 minutes, thus no activities were logged.

IMO this is total Fitbit fail and the algorithm should be modified to account for activity even if it's in less than 10-minute increments. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue (tracker not recording active minutes) and have tried every troubleshooting suggestion out there. My issue started almost a week ago. I do cardio for 45 mins to an hour every morning and walk my very active dogs for 30+ minutes each evening.

Best Answer

@elemtchr1 I ended up chatting with Fitbit support because I did not agree with the logged metrics. They were able to look at my filed workouts. 

The challenge is that Fitbit has their own algorithm for cataloging active minutes longer than 10 minutes. I feel that this can be improved on two levels:

1. Remove the 10-minute limit and change it to 1-minute intervals. 
  2. Clearly explain what the criteria is to achieve this metric

That said, I did find this article that helps in some of the explanation.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1379

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my device recorded 6 active minutes yesterday so that must not be true that it only records anything over 10 minutes

Best Answer