Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa since January.  At that time, I was working as a wheelchair attendant at the airport.  A co-worker also had a Versa and we experienced the same issue.  Sometimes it would track Active Minutes and sometimes it would not.  We tried reboots and complete shutdown and restarts.  Sometimes that would get the Versa to start tracking activity and sometimes it wouldn't.  Obviously, pushing people through the airport in wheelchairs, we were definitely getting our heart rates into the an active range.

I now work delivering Amazon packages.  That means I am in and out of the car 50-60 times a day, walking up driveways, walkways, porch steps, etc.  I meet all my other goals, steps, flights, etc., but it;s the same thing with Active Minutes: sometimes it tracks them and sometimes it doesn't.

I was really hoping the firmware update would solve this issue. I installed the update on Monday and worked every day since.  Today I have 97 active minutes, yesterday I had ZERO active minutes.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Dragainin, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about the active minutes being tracked accurately. Thank you for providing the additional details and for your troubleshooting efforts, I totally understand how you are feeling. As you know, the active minutes are awarded when the activity you're doing or logging is more strenuous than regular walking. Also keep in mind that active minutes are only recorded for activities that last 10 minutes or longer. For more information about how the active minutes are calculated, please see this help article: What are active minutes? 

You can log the activity manually if you're unhappy with your active minutes total. Please find the steps in this help article: How do I manually log exercises in the Fitbit app?. Manually logged activities override your device's data. 

If you still have reason to believe your watch is recording active minutes inaccurately, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you further. 

I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes