Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am wondering why I get registered no active minutes when go a weights session? Also even though my Versa recorded me as doing sport for 35 minutes yesterday (it was actually a F45 class), it still said no active minutes???
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LorraineN  I had to look up F45 to get a description of the workout -- if you work as hard as the video, then I understand why you feel you aren't getting the credit you deserve.

Bear with me while I describe this.  Fitbit uses the Metabolic Equivalent (MET) when calculating Active Minutes.  One MET is you at rest.  You need to exercise at three METS for 10 minutes in order to get Active Minutes.  An example of a three MET exercise is brisk walking.

Its possible that you aren't getting 10 minutes of continuous activity to meet the threshold. 

When you say your Versa recorded the class as sport, it sounds like you were using the auto-recognize feature.  Try using the Exercise function -- depending on the class, you could choose Workout or Weights.  See if this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@LorraineN  I had to look up F45 to get a description of the workout -- if you work as hard as the video, then I understand why you feel you aren't getting the credit you deserve.

Bear with me while I describe this.  Fitbit uses the Metabolic Equivalent (MET) when calculating Active Minutes.  One MET is you at rest.  You need to exercise at three METS for 10 minutes in order to get Active Minutes.  An example of a three MET exercise is brisk walking.

Its possible that you aren't getting 10 minutes of continuous activity to meet the threshold. 

When you say your Versa recorded the class as sport, it sounds like you were using the auto-recognize feature.  Try using the Exercise function -- depending on the class, you could choose Workout or Weights.  See if this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I set my fitbit at weights this morning when I was at F45 at it
recognised my time and active minutes. Thank you so much for your help
Best Answer
0 Votes