Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add rowing exercise shortcut-Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you please explain Fitbit decision to not create a rowing exercise? If you've created a device that tracks my heart rate, steps (and even my sleep patterns), why do I need to log unto my computer to manually enter a rowing workout? I just don't understand the rationale. When I row, the back-and-forth motion triggers my step count. Can't it trigger rowing strokes instead? Or, can you start by creating a time-based app that logs session duration and attributes an estimated calorie burn? 

You have a huge customer base that rows. Like me, I'm sure they're super disappointed to find the $200 device they just purchased can't log my favorite exercise. Why drive people to your competition (hello Garmin) by not meeting their needs? 

And, yes, I've read all the suggestions the rowing posts get linked to. Those solutions are really poor workaround. I'm sure others would love to know if something is in development. Thanks.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey @Bonsaiboy, great to see you around.

Regarding your inquiry, I don't have this type of information, but I think it would be great to have more shortcuts option, I recommend taking a look at the Stationary Rowing Machine Exercise Shortcut request, vote for it and leave your comment.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer