Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Music on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's seems VERY strange that Versa 2 has Amazon Alexa voice control but can not stream Amazon music!??   Come on Fitbit...that is totally ridiculous.  You already joined with Amazon and have as the voice control on the watch why on Earth can't I use my Amazon music?  It's all is use.  And truly one reason I got the Versa 2 was to integrate my Amazon features.  I'm NOT paying for yet another music service.  And to be honest the music options on the Versa 2 or useless.  All just promos from music streaming services to pay for them monthly.  It's bogus.  So someone please answer why I bought a watch WITH Amazon integration and voice control but can't use my Amazon music.  You literally ask Alexa on the watch to play your Amazon music and says not supported !???

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

The best anyone here could offer is to research before purchase and don't just assume certain features are supported.  I expect there are significant licensing costs for each music service supported.

Depending on where you bought it, perhaps you can return it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I agree! I used my Alexa app on my phone to play music on my Echo (it was in another room and I did not want to yell "Alexa...") and it gave me the option to play on my Fitbit. I thought "Cool! I'll play it on my wrist!". I hit that option and my Fitbit did NOT play any music. I understand if it's not supported, but what gets me is why would I have the option to do so?!

Best Answer

@teez518  You would have to explain exactly what option, and where, you saw to play Amazon music.   I've never seen that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

When I open my Alexa app, choose to play music, it gives me the option of what device to play it on. My Fitbit Versa 2 is one of those options, but it does NOT play. Why give me that choice?!

Screenshot_20191227-180000.png

Best Answer

This is ridiculous I was contemplating purchasing the fitbit smartwatch (either versa 3 or sense) until I found out that it won't connect with my amazon music subscription?....how can you have Alexa voice integrated in the watch but can't connect with amazon music? really disappointing guess I will purchase a different smart watch from another brand...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sniksnak wrote:

This is ridiculous I was contemplating purchasing the fitbit smartwatch (either versa 3 or sense) until I found out that it won't connect with my amazon music subscription?....how can you have Alexa voice integrated in the watch but can't connect with amazon music? really disappointing guess I will purchase a different smart watch from another brand...

I hope you find the smart watch that gives you all the exact features you want at a price that suits you.  I just suggest researching carefully to make sure you don't assume your choice has certain features which it might not.

Best Answer

You seem to know a little more about this than the rest of us.  Any idea if Fitbit has future plans to add an Amazon Music app to the list of music apps that work with Fitbit?  I have a Versa 3 and was also disappointed that Amazon Music still hasn't become an option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your confidence in me, but I'm not going to pretend to know more than others. I really don't know if/when they will add Amazon Music. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brnsugar20 wrote:

You seem to know a little more about this than the rest of us.  Any idea if Fitbit has future plans to add an Amazon Music app to the list of music apps that work with Fitbit?  I have a Versa 3 and was also disappointed that Amazon Music still hasn't become an option. 

Sorry, but no idea.  Fitbit generally keeps things like that well under wraps until just before release.

Best Answer
0 Votes