Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App notifications not showing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone I'm new here 🙂

Sorry if this has already been solved before but I couldn't find a solution anywhere. I just got my new fitbit versa a few days ago and so far it has been great. But I've realized that the app itself on my phone (Iphone 6s) isn't showing any notifications, it says 'no notifications to display'. Earlier today I got an email saying I had earned my first badge (5,000 steps) and I checked the app notifications and it was still blank. The funny thing is it shows up under my notifications on the desktop site. I'm not receiving push notifications on my phone either. I've been into the settings on my phone and turned all the notifications on for fitbit, turned all the notifications on in the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still nothing. 

Any advice is welcomed! Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi again, I've just now realized that my phone was on 'do not disturb' mode and that's why I wasn't getting any notifications.. I feel like the dumbest person alive right now. Thanks for your help! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry for that, after snooping around a little more I realized that fitbit removed the notifications in the app back in june but I am still not getting any push notifications on my phone such as 'almost there'.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit: Just to clarify, my problem is that I'm not receiving any push notifications on my phone like low battery or badges or the normal step goal notifications in the app. All day sync is on and I have the latest ios version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If you are not getting notifications like the "low battery" or the "you reached your goal" notifications, I suggest you to go to your Fitbit account, tap on the "Account" icon that is on the upper right corner, then scroll down and go to "Notifications" and make sure that the notifications you want, are toggle. Then just sync your Versa to make sure to save those changes. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello, thanks for responding! Everything is already turned on and I'm still not receiving any push notifications. My phone notifications are on as well. I got an email yesterday saying I had earned a badge but no notification showed up on my phone, just the email 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again, I've just now realized that my phone was on 'do not disturb' mode and that's why I wasn't getting any notifications.. I feel like the dumbest person alive right now. Thanks for your help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner! I appreciate your response! Sounds great that you are now getting all app notifications. That is an important detail, please keep in mind to turn off the "Do not disturb" so you can get them on your phone. 

If you have further questions, feel free to reach us out! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem for about 3-4 weeks now. I'm using an Android phone/app, all my push notifications are turned on, but they just stopped working one day. I participate in the Weekly Work Hustle with my family, but I'm not getting any kind of notifications/updates. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling twice, restarting my phone, toggling the settings on/off, nothing is working. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes