Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto (motion) screen wake not working with always-on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even auto (motion) screen wake setting is set, when always-on screen is enabled, it never wakes automatically with motion.

When I disabled always-on screen, it works immediately. It won't work as soon as enabling always-on screen.

I tried restarting, changing watch face, doesn't help.

Fitbit Versa 2

Software version: 35.68.9.12

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is obviously a bug.  I chatted with them to report but never received an email so I am guessing they were just saying that to get me off chat.  Is really annoying as I only decided to go with versa 2 because they now have this feature.  I hope they get it fixed soon. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I don't quite understand.  If you are using an always-on, screen wake on motion should be meaningless. Are you saying you are trying to use always-on, but it is not staying on?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just reading time is of course fine for always-on screen. However, depends on your chosen watch face, it could provide much more info.

Furthermore, in watch face screen, you can immediately take next action, say scroll left for apps. In contrast, in always-on screen, you have to unlock it by pressing the button or tapping it first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is obviously a bug.  I chatted with them to report but never received an email so I am guessing they were just saying that to get me off chat.  Is really annoying as I only decided to go with versa 2 because they now have this feature.  I hope they get it fixed soon. 

Best Answer

I just bought my Versa 2 and have been struggling with this. Glad to hear I'm the only one. Really frustrating as I was ecstatic about an always on display but I also have to touch it lauch the main watch face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI... They fixed this with the December update I just received. Works great now.  Hopefully doesn't impact battery life too much

Best Answer
0 Votes