Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery on Versa draining in less than 24h.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the last two Fitbit updates, this week, I have the same issue regarding open Fitbit app to sync. I am also, suddenly experiencing an issue with the "floor" portion of the app, not registering movement and the draining of the Fitbit battery in less than a 24hr period. I have an iPhone 7s/iOS 12.2.

I have seen the response from Fitbit regarding turning off different aspects of the app/watch. I find the response disconcerting, since that is the reason I chose to purchase my Versa. I have not done anything to my watch or changed any setting in the app, to cause these issues. It is the result of the Fitbit updates. I believe that two updates in five days, speaks to the issues that the Fitbit Community is currently experiencing.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Added Labels

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I have to agree with the battery life on the versa not being great. I managed to squeeze about 3 days worth of battery by changing the brightness of my watch to dim (can’t see it all when you’re outside in the sun) and turning off all day sync. Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BranNuFe thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @plnkfloydian I hope you're doing well. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. @plnkfloydian, tell me, have you tried to restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen already? If so, besides lowering the brightness of the screen and turning all-day Sync, I would like to suggest you the following tips to maximize the battery of your Versa:

• Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.
  • Since Screen Wake causes the screen to light up whenever you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. Turn it off by pressing down the button on the side and swiping the screen to the left.
  • If you’re syncing with an Android device, the Always Connected option may reduce battery life.
  • Charging your tracker in extreme heat or cold may reduce battery life.

Now, @BranNuFe at this moment, I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you for the response to my post. The suggestions given, are no different than the suggestions I referenced in my original post. I had researched the forum prior, for the topic & possible solutions. I have had my Versa for 1 year (April 2018). The only issues I have experienced are related to and associated with Fitbit updates. This is not the first time the "floor" issue has occurred. It happened before, after a Fitbit update, in the latter months of 2018. Just as suddenly as the "floor" issue occurred, it was suddenly fixed with a Fitbit update, several weeks later. The "battery drain" is something new, after the most recent updates. I guess I will have to wait until Fitbit figures this one out, with another update.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same thing. My Versa used to run for days without a charge even with All Day Sync and heartbeat, and some notifications. After the Apple iOS update to 12.2, suddenly it can't hold a charge very well and goes from 100% to 10% in a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes