Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not connecting, questionable IOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have gotten a brand new Fitbit versa, this is the third one I have gotten (as the previous two stopped working, although i used all the troubleshooting) my Apple IOS 12.1.3 will not sync via bluetooth connection to set up my device. I am wondering if it's the IOS update or my phone or the Fitbit itself.

I have done all the troubleshooting steps on both the Fitbit Versa and on the iPhone,  and nothing is working but when used an iPhone 6S with IOS 12.1.2 it connects.

I am starting to become extremely frustrated with Fitbit's (which i think is acceptable), can someone clarify if its due to the update not working with the Versa, or should i just give up on Fitbit's in general.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@B_Hardy it's an issue after iOS update. Unfortunately. Fitbit is working on it, I'm sure. For now try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo appears
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing.

If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure All day sync is enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@B_Hardy it's an issue after iOS update. Unfortunately. Fitbit is working on it, I'm sure. For now try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo appears
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing.

If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure All day sync is enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the reply,

I will try again deleting and re downloading the app, and I have nothing else synced to my Bluetooth.
Unfornately, I can’t use my Versa until this problem is solved. As I need to set it up, and it won’t go past that part.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@B_Hardy is your Versa linked to your account? You mentioned setting up... What can you see on Versas screen after it boots?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is linked to a new account and it only shows the Fitbit symbol and and states “To start, download Fitbit app”

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@B_Hardy I see. Between step 5 and 6 you will have to set up your tracker. Basically plug it to charger near your router as you will be using wifi to download the firmware. Open Fitbit app, tap on the account icon (looks like a business card) and go to Set up a Device. Choose Versa. You will be asked to replace the current one. Confirm and follow the instructions on the screen. Good luck.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes