Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New FitBit Versa - step count error when set up - tried setting up 2x

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After set up displays I have 2573 steps and I never took 1 step. I tried resetting the device from Factory Reset and the same number of steps showed up. If  I dont see a fix for this I will return in the next few days if FitBit does not offer an explanation as to why this is happening and what the fix is. This is my first FitBit and right out the box I have a serious bug because steps is factored in other activities like calories.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I have same issue where the step count increases without any activity. This is really unacceptable from a reputed fitness brand. Step count increased by 94 without any steps. I am planning to return this tomorrow.

Best Answer

So today my Versa LE registered 21,000 steps and I only had the watch on for an hour and never left my house. So I returned it back to store. I will wait till this is fixed then will try it again. It could be a firmware issue but since no one at FitBit has yet responded to my inquiry with an acknowledgement there is a problem (and there is a problem) I am not going to wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I got up this am and put my versa on it was already at 5800 steps. It had been sitting on a dresser all night long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought my second Versa after returning the first one. My userid was SinusMend and now its Svah. I did this to start fresh. Anyway, same exact issues as I had with the first one with the steps count overstating by a landslide. Says I walked 1.11 miles and in fact I never left my little house and did not go over 1/12 of a mile. So its over counting by a factor of around 10 if not more. I will take this one back as well and I advise anyone interested in the Versa to reconsider. This issue is not be addressed or acknowledged by FitBit and its reported all over the place not just by me but by many others. Waste of time and money. Nice idea but does not work. I bought this mostly to count steps and calories so its completely worthless to me. This is the first FitBit I bought (second Versa in a two week period) and they were shipped to me from different parts of the country so no way are they from the same batch of Versas. Dont understand why more people are not reporting this problem. Its too big a problem to ignore. After this I will not buy another FitBit. I will buy something more reliable regarding steps and calories. 

Best Answer

The same here. I spent an hour with customer support last night, only to have the same issue. I’m sending it back. Such a disappointment 

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me. It counted over 24 000 steps that I did NOT take. 

Anyone have any updates on this matter?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took three weeks be sent to me, and when it arrives, it doesn’t work properly.  Not what I expected from the new watch that will supposedly give the Apple Watch a viable competitor.  Looks like, from reading other posts, that this is a big problem.  I sent mine back. 

Best Answer

Fitbit versa seem to be triple counting step how to fix problems says I did 27,658 step and I didn’t do that much 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit versa seem to be triple counting step how to fix problems says I did 27,658 step and I didn’t do that much is their a fix for resetting my steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is outrageous.  I have the same problem. Why there is no answer from FitBit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same problem... over than 4000 steps.. and i didnt do anything..

Best Answer

I have the same problem...i woke up after it sat on the table last night and it says i have 8,200 steps and its counting my heartrate and its not on my wrist.

Best Answer

Customers service offered me to replace the watch because of this issue . However  this watch is sooo buggy that I am going to replace it with another brand. Shame on fitbit for releasing an unfinished product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

8k steps for me this morning when my watch was on the charger all night and not worn.  Is there any fix yet? Or at least a way to alter your step count?! How come Fitbit hasn't responded to any of these threads.  There's a TON of people saying the same thing.  In my case, the watch shows the extra 8k steps and the app shows the appropriate amount.  This is very fustrating!

One, Charge HR, Versa (ordered)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do as I did.  Return immediately!  For the price, we should not have to figure out bugs and jerk around!  I did return mine with no issue, but within 30 days.  I did decide to try another one as it seems to be hit or miss if you get one that works as it should, or one that doesn't.  Prior to returning, I did further research.  If this one malfunctions in any way, I will be done with Fitbit and switch to the Samsung.  

Best Answer

Return it before you can't!

Best Answer

I was told if it is sitting next to a fan move the fan the watch will pick up any vibrating movement 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with the grossly overstated, over-counted steps!  As we speak I am resetting it for the 4th time:(   I have contemplated returning it everyday since I started wearing it.  I woke up to over 6,000 steps on Friday.  I have been wearing Fitbit since 2014 - Charge, Charge HR, Alta --- and I've never had any issues, not a one.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes