Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my new Versa to wifi.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had an Alta for 3 years that had no problem connecting to wifi.  I got a Versa for Christmas and can't connect to wifi.  Tried all of the suggestions including disconnecting to bluetooth and restarting.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

@mommmelissamoo It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues you've experienced with your new Fitbit Versa. However. I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if you managed to get your Versa set up.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, try this:

in order to get WiFi working on your Versa and Fitbit app, the following is necessary:

1. Put your Versa into the charger and connect it to PC.

2. Switch WiFi on on your Mobile Device and for certainty connect it also to PC.

3. Wait a minute and then go to the Fitbit app and to Wifi settings and click on it. Your home network should be visible now.

4 When it is present, click on it and enter manually the password of your router. Mind you that it's Capital sensitive. 

5. After that you should see at the right side of your network a white icon. Click on that.

6. Fitbit will start connecting to your network and once is has connected, the white icon turns to blue and it will say "connected".

7. When your Fitbit app is connected to your WiFi, your Versa will be connected also. As the Versa has no WiFi on its own, it uses the WiFi of your MD or PC as a bridge, that's why it's mandatory to keep your Versa in the charger and connected to PC as long as you need the Versa's WiFi connection.

8. When in the WiFi settings no network is present, press "add network" and enter manually the name of your router and password. Both are Capital sensitive. Once found, repeat steps 5 to 7. Works for me since a long time. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read your instructions to keep connected to WiFi but if you are away from an area where your Wifi is accepted, what happens then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume that you mean when you're out of reach from the WiFi spot wearing your Versa? When wearing your Versa, WiFi on Versa is in all cases not connected cause it's not in the charger and connected to PC. When I'm wrong with my assumption, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
 I had an Alta and I NEVER had a problem with connections.  I have had to turn off my phone too many times to be able to sync.  It makes me want to return the Versa and go back to my Alta.

Denise 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Denise, in principle you should be able to sync your Versa with your MD, even when out of reach of WiFi, cause syncing both is through BT, or do I understand you wrong??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Denise, I'm eager to know if your WiFi problems are solved with the instructions in my post? Once again, the Versa is only connected to WiFi whenever in the charger and connected to PC, cause the Versa has no WiFi itself, but uses your phone or PC as a bridge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
And this is not happening.

Denise 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you explain any further??

Best Answer
0 Votes
It will not sync.  It keeps telling me to restart the Bluetooth.  Maybe this is a different subject.
 Denise 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is indeed a different subject. Will give it a thought and come back to you when I (think) have the answer found for your problem. Just one more question: which phone are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Denise, the only thing I can think of now is: did you also connect your Versa as a BT device to your PC? If not, do the following:

1. Again put your Versa in the charger and connect it to your PC. Set in the settings of your Versa BT to pairing.

2. Go to your PC, go to settings and choose BT and switch it on.

3. Click add a new BT device,make sure no other BT device are nearby or switch there BT off, and it will search for your Versa. Once it has found it, it appears in the BT list as Versa connected. If that's the case, you can close the PC's BT and never have to bother again about it.

4. Now install the latest Fitbit app on your MD and restart it.

5. Try the steps in the instructions post again, making sure that on your MD WiFi and BT is enabled.

hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me start over.  My phone is not syncing with the Versa. I can see my steps listed on the device but it is not updating the app on my phone. It keeps telling me to restart my Bluetooth.  I've done that and it just cycles. Only when I turn my phone off and then on again, does it sync.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

You forgot one thing: "Just one more question: which phone are you using?".

Best Answer
0 Votes
Galaxy Samsung 8S

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

You probably mean S8, which should be no problem cause it's on the supported list by Fitbit: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=compatible&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Denise, do not worry, I will not give up before I found the solution for your WiFi problem. You can rely on that!

Best Answer
0 Votes
 My cell is still not syncing to the Versa.

Denise 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Denise, after reading back our conversation, there is one thing we did not do: deinstall the Fitbit app and restart your Phone. After that reinstall Fitbit again. When your Versa is still present in the Fitbit app, switch on BT, press in the dashboard of the Fitbit app the watch icon op top of the screen on the right side. Scroll to underneath Manual, etc and press sync now and see what happens. Let me know if that works.  

Best Answer
0 Votes