Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move along in Setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok, quick item list here.

1. Using latest Fitbit app, just did a fresh update from the Play Store 10 minutes ago.
  2. My Android device is a Samsung Galaxy S5 Model SM-S902L
  3. I'm running Android v4.4.2
  4. I just received a new Fitbit Versa, Special Edition.

Right, so I've plugged in my new Versa, and have it charging. It's up to full battery already, it's been plugged in so long. I have my location settings turned to ON on my Android, and my Bluetooth On as well.

I've tried restarting my device, the watch, the app, and Bluetooth in all sorts of recommended ways, and so far nothing has allowed me to start the update with the watch. When I start to try and connect, I get as far as "Versa Found", and it just says "connecting", then times out and tells me to try resetting my Bluetooth. Feeling pretty lost, and a little frustrated, so I thought I would turn to the forums. Any fresh ideas?

By the Way, I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm running Ubuntu 16.04LTS, so just connecting to my desktop probably won't work, although I'm open to giving it a shot if anyone can recommend how to do so.

EDIT:

Ok, I solved this issue by using my Wife's Galaxy S5, which has Android 5.0 on it. As soon  as I logged into the Fitbit app from her device, and tried to setup my Versa from there, everything worked fine and went smoothly. So I'd have to hazard a guess, that on the Samsung Galaxy S5 at least, the Versa won't be able to sync over Bluetooth if your running 4.4.2, but if you have 5.0 or higher your likely fine. Thanks to those that posted here and tried to help me solve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I solved this issue by using my Wife's Galaxy S5, which has Android 5.0 on it. As soon  as I logged into the Fitbit app from her device, and tried to setup my Versa from there, everything worked fine and went smoothly. So I'd have to hazard a guess, that on the Samsung Galaxy S5 at least, the Versa won't be able to sync over Bluetooth if your running 4.4.2, but if you have 5.0 or higher your likely fine. Thanks to those that posted here and tried to help me solve the problem.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Once the tracker is connected, it should sync through your Ubuntu check my dog and your repository. 

You have restarted both the phone and tracker? 

Removed the tracker from the phones Bluetooth? 

Best Answer

My Dads versa got stuck setting up and the versa was un responsive. I unpaired the phone from the fitbit, logged out of app. Restarted phone just incase. Reset watch by holding 3 buttons for 30 secs and then restarting it. Then we reset it up and it worked. Just a side note, we were connected via bluetooth and wifi. If u have no wifi.. Or location services on.. It will not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've restarted  both phone and tracker numerous times, in different orders and at different times and even simultaneously. I've tried with and without Location ON, I've tried disconnecting all Fitbit from my device (I have a Blaze that I had connected to the phone at first, disconnected it from Bluetooth and from the Fitbit App just to be safe. Then shut it down too.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes