Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync Versa while using BT headphones.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, newbie here.

Bought a Versa on Black Friday sale. Arrived this past Friday night, set up and worked well through weekend. Stopped syncing to the app this morning. I believe i'm on latest firmware, and my phone is an LG V20 running Oreo.

After much messing around on the phone, I discovered that the only solution to resync was to unpair the Versa in my phone's bluetooth settings. then redo the setup process for the device in the Fitbit app. Which works fine..... until I turn on my Bose bluetooth headphones (connected to my phone, not my Versa), which I require on my train for sanity.

At that point, I immediately lose syncing again, getting a "Sync error" message. Turning the headphones back off doesn't make it start up syncing again, it needs to go through the unpair/set-up process again, which takes several minutes and is unacceptable.

Before anyone tells me you can't have a fitness tracker and bluetooth headphones connected at the same time, my wife's Alta handles it just fine. So did my last tracker, a Samsung Gear Fit 2, which I upgraded from for different reasons altogether.

Any suggestions on how to make these work together? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Before we cast blame on the Fitbit tracker. If you unpair your Bose headphones and get your tracker back up and running what happens if you pair your wife's headphones instead? Does the problem go away? I'm trying to determine if the Bose headphones are causing the issue as you said your last tracker was not a Fitbit and the headphones did not cause a problem. At least this will give us a direction to pursue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll give it a shot when I get home and update this thread. The Bose phones are the only ones I'm carrying with me. 

UPDATE:

Update: Experimented by connecting several bluetooth headphones to my phone while the Versa was also connected. These included the ones my wife has, plus a couple others I have, all of which worked with the same phone and my old Samsung tracker.

With each one, syncing failed immediately upon connection to headphones, and required me to fully trash the Versa from the app, unpair it in my bluetooth list, and then re-set it up.

This is a fatal flaw and will result in a return if not resolvable. Any input from gurus or Fitbit personnel? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: Experimented by connecting several bluetooth headphones to my phone while the Versa was also connected. These included the ones my wife has, plus a couple others I have, all of which worked with the same phone and my old Samsung tracker.

With each one, syncing failed immediately upon connection to headphones, and required me to fully trash the Versa from the app, unpair it in my bluetooth list, and then re-set it up.

This is a fatal flaw and will result in a return if not resolvable. Any input from gurus or Fitbit personnel? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mornixuur, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. it's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for your input on this situation. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, I would like to to ask you to try the following steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove all devices from here, including your headphone and the Fitbit Versa.
  2. Restart your phone. 
  3. Pair your headphones to your phone. 
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa > All-day Sync and enable it. 
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

After that, check if your Versa is still having trouble syncing. If it is, please reply to us with a screenshot of any error message you're getting so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give these steps a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

At least on an initial short-term level, these instructions seem to have resolved it. On step 5, I did not get a popup asking me to pair. However, syncing started normally and has continued even while turning my Bose headphones off and back on a couple of times. Assuming this doesn't start up again, this should be ok.  Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mornixuur, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know the troubleshooting steps provided earlier were helpful for you, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes