Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Fading of Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had purchased a Black Versa from Amazon India, not even 1 month old, the color of the watch body has started peeling off and white edges have come out, on informing customer care they say we can't do anything nor can we replace. This company should refrain from manufacturing black color watches if they are unable to provide with a permanent color. Never buy the color models. Such costly watches and they don't even bother to provide permanent body colors. Thoroughly disgusted with the product, even it doesn't count steps properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Shiba3101

I'm sorry to hear about you issues. 

Unfortunately with any coloured anodized aluminum there is a possibility of the base colour coming through, especially if you scratch the material deep enough. This isn't exclusive to fitbit, Apple have also had similar issues themselves. The black iPhone 5 comes to mind, lots of complaints about the colour rubbing off of that.

I understand your frustration though, and it's one of the reasons I tend to stick to silver or lighter colours when buying things like this. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Yes that's the biggest mistake I have done in purchasing a black watch, did not expect the color to fade out even before one month, that too it was not scratched or used much. Its my fate.

Best Answer
0 Votes