Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Steps while I slept

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Woke up this morning and my Fitbit Versa said I had 15,468 steps, 6.98 miles and 154 active minutes.  My wife said she never heard me get up.  I am so glad to be able to get all this activity while I sleep and wish I had started doing this a long time ago!  BTW, my sleep hours were not tracked at all last night.  Guess I was too busy walking.  What is going on with these devices recently?  Seems that the issues keep growing.  My Versa has been reliable since January and all of sudden it has been very flaky.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

How many stripes died you have yesterday? Could it be that the steps did not reset at midnight?

Open the app,  tap on the step tile,  at what time where the steps recorded? Does the app show that they whe record this morning. 

Sorry for the questions,  but we need an investigation before we can answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good questions and thank you for the quick response.  I had about 14K steps on my watch when I went to bed at 10pm.  I checked the app and I had no steps between 8pm and 10pm while I was in my chair watching TV and surfing the net.  
I went to bed at 10pm and that is when the watch started going crazy and between 10pm and midnight I added 3000 steps and ended the day at 17,114 steps.  it did reset to 0 at midnight.  I added a bunch of steps between 2am and 3:30am and none until about 5:30.  I got out of bed about 6:10 this morning.  
While sitting in my chair for 10 minutes, I have now added another steps and I am now over 20K!!  I will set a personal best today for steps and I have not left the house.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Versa I would swipe over to settings,  tap, swipe up to help, tap, swipe to shutdown. Tap and confirm.

Press and hold the left button to restart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Rich.  I will give this a try and see how many steps I take tonight.  Two trips to the bathroom should not generate 15K steps.  
Best Answer
0 Votes